Tuesday, 20 May 2014

The social butterfly

Baby C has been something of a little social butterfly since she has arrived. At 6 weeks old she has already attended a Wedding, First Communion and a Christening (albeit her own!) 

First up the wedding. I was so excited to go shopping again after Baby C's arrival, but babies, toddlers and shopping don't  really mix so as usual ASOS came to the rescue. One massive box and several outfits later I settled on this lemon dress from whistles. Of course I choose the yellow option, but the pink almost made the cut.  It must be due to the arrival of Baby C, but I'm definitely warming to pink a lot more these days!! 

The shoes are from ASOS too, they're an ivory colour and are very bridalesque. They would be perfect with a Jenny Packham style Wedding dress. 
Baby C in Mamas & Papas

This dress comes in a few different colour options and since I've worn it I've seen Mylene in the pink version, and Holly in the navy version. Obviously I'm watching too much daytime TV! 






















On to Baby C's Christening. I didn't buy anything new for this *proud face*. Since I'm feeding Baby C myself dresses can be a little tricky unless you have a separate room to pop off to like I did at the wedding. So a skirt/top combo is the only way to go. I settled on this next pencil skirt and F&F shell top, the Zara jacket was a last minute addition as it was a little dull that morning. Shoe wise I choose these pointed RI courts as they are very comfy and I knew there would be a lot of standing to be done.

Zara jacket 
F&F shell top
Next skirt
RI shoes 


Looking back on photos I think I should have worn a necklace, but as I got about 45 seconds to actually get dressed a styling session wasn't really an option. So I had to go without!! 


Lastly my God Daughters First Communion yesterday. I hadn't much time this week to think about what to wear and so this outfit was pulled together literally ten minutes before I went out the door. 
F&F shell top
H&M skirt
Zara sandals

In times like this I always rely on my trusty H&M pencil skirt. The great thing about it is that it has so many colours that you can pull out a different colour each time and wear so many different tops with it. I went for the white shell top again as it worked well for feeding last week. This time I added one of the Treasure Trove necklaces to pick out some of the colours on the skirt. Last years Zara sandals finished it off. 

Tx 

15 comments:

  1. 3 stunning outfits Trea! Dresses are a nightmare when BFing & I can remember being caught out a couple of times! I can't believe you can tuck your top into that last skirt! Something I can't even do now almost 5 years since I last gave birth! I bought a fab tube skirt yesterday & can't wait to wear it but I also have my eye on a RI one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Andrea, and I have a couple of new ones I still haven't got wearing for this reason so frustrating, but what can you do. I love a tube skirt especially a patterned one, they're also a grey option for hiding a bit of a belly as the pattern can distract!

      Delete
  2. Oh Trea you look gorgeous in all the pictures. I love that Whistles dress and its on my list of a possible dress for the family wedding I am attending in October, the lemon colour on you is fabulous.. I must admit I wasn't totally happy with L's christening outfit...... it just started to pour with rain before we left the house so I had to grab a jacket ( I didn't plan on wearing a jacket with the dress and then my hair dropped) but L looked fabulous and that's all that mattered. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love the dress Ann-Marie, the pink is stunning too, I was so torn between the two of them. You sounded like me, with all the panic of feeding so she slept through the service and trying to make sure she didn't vomit over her dress I didn't get a chance to think about what I was wearing. But it's their special day so mummies have to let them have the limelight!

      Delete
  3. Great outfits Trea, you look fantastic. Really love the Next skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in all of them, as does baby C, but that Whistles dress--wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfits! Glad it's going well. I miss my dresses but I plan to feed again too so it'll be ages before they see the light of day again. It'll be tops & skirts all summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing Trea....all 3 outfits look great on you! I love the Whistles dress....such a gorgeous colour on you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely stunning. Still can't believe that you can tuck clothes in so soon after having a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing. Mother of a newborn? You look like olivia palermo in some of these pics. Gorgeous and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look superb in all the outfits you chose. Perfection. H x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Whistles dress is gorgeous! I love all the colours! You look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you look amazing in those photos, love your Whistles dress, you so suit yellow as does Charlotte! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfits!! The Whistles dress is my fav! That looks so nice
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Modelling your clothes perfectly - I now want to buy the yellow dress (def the best colour option), your white jacket, and I will forever love that H&M skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.