Monday, 5 May 2014

From the outside in

I got off to a promising start blogging three weeks after Little C arrived, but it's been tough to get on top of things since. While I'm normally getting a half decent nights sleep, I spend my days running round in circles, from one thing to the next, and before you know it it's dinner time, Mr TnP has arrived home from work and the breakfast dishes are still sitting on the table. Whoops!!

I think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be supermums, but it's very unhealthy. My aims each day are to get Big C and Little C fed, washed and dressed and if I can get myself fed, washed and dressed too, well that's always a bonus.

I've been posting my outfits most days on Instagram and Avenue 57, but what you don't see is there are days in between where I'm in pj's or trackie bottoms all day. I've had a lot of comments about being out and about so soon, and how I'm back to 'normal', but I think it's easy to make assumptions on someone's life just seeing snapshots of it. The reality is, we only show to the outside world what we want people to see.

What I'm trying to say is, don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself as a mum by trying to be everything to everyone, and also don't judge based on a little snippet of someone's life. As long as your kids have full bellies and are happy and healthy that's the main thing. I love getting dressed up as clothes make me happy, but it isn't always easy and most days I end up leaving the house at least an hour later than planned with a least one patch of baby sick on me!

But enough of my ramblings, here's my recent outfits and you'll be glad to know I've spared you the  PJ days. 

Necklace from my shop
H&M blouse
Zara jeans
Zara shoes
Baby C - models own

 
    Boden Breton top
H&M skinny trousers
Converse

 
Necklace from my shop 
Only Breton top
F&F shell top
Oasis jeans
Dunnes flats

 Necklace from my shop
New look shirt
H&M skinny trousers
Zara flats

 Necklace from my shop
Zara blouse
Next trousers
Next shoes


Tx 





15 comments:

  1. Your are doing so amazingly well Trea.....you are an inspiration to other new mums!! You look brilliant, I especially love the outfit with the yellow top over the stripes.....totally gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle but there are plenty if dodgy days too! X

      Delete
  2. I am loving all your' looks but my favourite is the first one (of course.) We are all the same. I am sure we are all very careful about the images we choose to show on our blogs. You have your' pj days I have my Ugg boots, jeans and house cardigan days (I really wonder how my Husband doesn't sue me under some sort of 'misdescriptions' act with regard to putting myself up under the banner of a fashion blog.) I was in a kind of 'fog' for a good 6 months after my DD was born. I take my hat off to you for even getting dressed with 2 little angels to care for. H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I think my husband probably thinks the same of me a lot of the time too!! I think getting dressed make you feel better so try to get dressed and out somewhere every day - it doesn't always happen though!

      Delete
  3. Trea you look amazing, I don't think I managed to get dressed in the early days of having our son let alone look as coordinated & stunning as you!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so much better when I'm properly dressed Jane, it's good for you mentally I think! X

      Delete
  4. Oh Trea, I so empathise with you. It's hard having one child but even harder having two. Everything has to be planned around their needs which inevitably means you chasing your tail. As someone coming out the other side (18 and 13 year olds), it does get better....at least they empty the dishwasher occasionally.

    For what it's worth and knowing everything else you're juggling at the moment, I think you are A-MAZ-ING xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, chasing your tail is exactly what it is most days, today my main aim for myself was to get lunch before 3pm!! X

      Delete
  5. Amen to that. Thanks for not portraying an image of perfection and making us other new mums feel like failures.
    Love how you've styled the F and F shell top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also love 'Baby C, Models own'. Gorgeous wee baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I would hate to make anyone feel bad and I've felt the pressure to be 'picture perfect' from looking at other bloggers or celebs but the trick is not to succumb to the pressure. You never really know what's going ion in someone's lives as everyone tries to portray perfection, but very few of us are living that perfect life! X

      Delete
  7. Oh well done you! Firstly for telling everyone that there are also PJ days, but also for seconding what I'm always saying ... getting dressed up makes you feel better! I don't mean dress and heels, but just wearing something that you feel you look good in. I think it gives everyone an immediate lift. But all that aside ... you look sensational. And your little girl is absolutely gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing just grand Trea & on the days you do get dressed you look as fab & as stylish as ever! We all have days like that especially in the early days & so be it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trea, you look amazing and it sounds like it's thanks to your realistic approach to it all. You know you're going to have tired days but on the days you feel good, you're making the effort. It's fantastic - you need to write a book about post natal amazingness! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree - and my biggest piece of advice to any new mum - You know best, for both you and your baby. It's great to get advice from others but you have to go with your gut! Looking fab as always Mrs (and Miss!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.