Friday, 14 March 2014

I've found my holy grail...........

I've been on the hunt for navy boots since forever. Now we all know how hard navy shoes are to find, but seriously this has been going on about two years!! Still, I never gave up hope. But today I can finally say the hunt is officially over. 

M&S £39
I ordered them Wednesday afternoon and they were with me today - this was my first ever order from M&S online, and I'm beyond impressed. But what was even more impressive is that they were on sale! £65 down to £39, for real suede was a bit of a bargain in my eyes. 

They are quite high, but are very comfy at the same time. They're a perfect shape for me, they will go with not only jeans and jackets, but will work with dresses and patterned trousers too, when something a bit more dressy is called for. They are what I like to call a 'Friday night shoe', for when you want you look smart but not as dressy as a Saturday night - and yes, I'm well aware I'm weird here, but that's how it works in my head. 

They are described as wide fit, but I took a chance on them as I have a seriously narrow foot. Surprisingly, they are the perfect fit on me, so if you have a very wide foot I can't imagine these would be very comfortable. Sizes are limited in them, with only 5, 5.5, 6.5 and 7 left. 

M&S £35
I did also order these above, but I knew in my heart of hearts they wouldn't work on  me. And I was right. The top of them stops right where my calf muscle starts, so they give the illusion its that thickness the whole way down and have a bit of a cankle. This is my biggest bugbear when buying ankle boots. 


That's not to say they won't work for someone else with of a different height and different shaped leg. They are also on sale at £35, again a complete bargain for suede boots if you ask me. I ordered my normal size, and they were very big on me, I could definitely get away with a half size smaller or possibly even a full size.

Onto out outfits lately. Well the struggle continues, having a drastically reduced wardrobe is not nice at all, but I mustn't grumble as it'll all be worth it I know, when I've got new baby smell on tap, and wee wrinkly toes to coo over. 
Boden breton
H&M joggers
Nike hi-tops
Next shirt
Primark longline vest (great for bump coverage)
Zara jeans
Zara trainers


I'm determined not to jump on the New Balance bandwagon, although I do love them. These Zara trainers that I picked up in January last year, are of a similar shape, so will do me until I crack - because there's no doubt I will crack!



As promised here are some new additions to The Treasure Trove. These all have more than a nod to the spring floral trend, and would be perfect to top off a wedding outfit. 


The Treasure Trove £25
The Treasure Trove £25
The Treasure Trove £20


That's me mostly caught up for now, because I would hate to go into labour not having shared all this with you - priorities eh?!


Tx



14 comments:

  1. Navy boots are IMPOSSIBLE to find, so well done you ... love them. Definitely too high for me, but I can imagine you'll look fab in them. You must be nearly at D Day now, so best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm soooo excited and can't wait to wear them! Have a couple of weeks left yet, unless I go early, but you never know what's round the corner!

      Delete
  2. Love the boots.....what a great shape, such a bargain too!! Excellent find Trea! You are still rockin' those maternity looks.....so stylish! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the shape of them Michelle, not often I get my perfect shape in a boot, would love them in black too!

      Delete
  3. Those boots are GORGEOUS - I can almost hear them calling me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Fiona- I can't wait to see all the new outfits I can make now using these!! They will be so versatile.

      Delete
  4. Wow you done good girl. They look fab as do you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, they are going to get a lot if wear - I'm so happy I've found them!!

      Delete
  5. You will get SO much wear out of them...my navy ones have been the best buy ever! And how great are you looking? Such a lovely neat bump...hopefully it will stay inside till after fashion week?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Avril, I do have a navy wedge pair but these are dressier and will work with everything. I'll probably end up going overdue and wondering what the panic was about!!

      Delete
  6. Fab boots and I know how good it feels to get what you have been after for years as I scored a boot purchase today and I have wanted them for years too! Looking stylish as ever hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh brilliant! Navy boots are so hard to come by and these are perfect. I love your treasures and you continue to look amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh those boots are fab, are they definitely not too high to walk in? I think I may have to purchase as I would really like a pair of high 'weekend' boots. Love your new necklaces and you look truly amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are gorgeous boots Trea & a fantastic price too! Your new necklaces are stunning! Ah to the new baby smell & wrinkly toes! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.