Thursday, 20 February 2014

Mint madness

It looks like winter is going nowhere any time soon, so in a bid to encourage a few little rays of sunshine and a rain free day (gasp!), I’ve resorted to dressing all ‘spring – like’. Pastels are going to be massive this year, but to be honest I’m not a massive pastel fan. I’ll do mint green and pale pink and well that’s about it- don’t even think about coming near me with lilac or I might scream!
I wanted to get a few more spring friendly pieces in my wardrobe, and what better way to do that than to get a new pastel coat. It ticks the spring trend box as well as keeping me reasonably dry and warm, which is my main motivation when getting dressed on a cold dark morning. This makes my green coat the perfect trans-seasonal piece!
Sheinside coat £23.31

It’s had quite a few outings so far, and I’ve found mint is surprisingly easy to wear. It obviously looks great with other pastel colours, but can look equally as good with neutrals like black, white and camel, and of course it looks amazing against denim too as most colours do.

This also goes for nearly all other pastel colours, so everyone should be able to work the spring trend with their current wardrobe. And if all else fails simply throw it over a black outfit to give it an instant colour boost, and you’ll look like you’re a serious fashionista with your finger on the pulse!

Here are some amazing mint green inspo pic’s I’ve been looking at recently, as you can see it’s a pretty versatile colour.

All photos via Pinterest

Some of my recent outfits with my new coat. Flats are featuring heavily at the minute, as I’m trying to keep heels for special occasions only. By the way my social life has never been as busy, I haven’t got a free weekend until 40 weeks, at this rate of going baby T’n’P is going to have to make an appointment with me for the labour!
ASOS blouse
F&F top (as seen on last post)
Matalan necklace
Sheinside coat
H&M skirt
Office flats
H&M jumper
ASOS trousers
Sheinside coat
H&M brogues
Next blouse
Sheinside coat
H&M skirt
Dunnes pumps

My coat is a medium by the way, I took a chance as the small is sold out. It's a bit big across the shoulders, and a bit short in the arms for me, but that's par for the course with my stretch Armstrong length arms and Chinese clothes. But on the whole I would say it's more like a size 10.

So how do you feel about pastels, are you like me and just dipping your toe in, or are you going for the full on Easter Bunny look?

Tx

10 comments:

  1. Love that mint color on you - somehow it seems easier to wear mint than pink :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Sharron said!!!!! And it looks lovely on you ... and FINALLY, I see a bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read the price twice. Wow what a bargain and you look great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love it & what a bargain! Its fab on you Trea! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. It really suits your colouring. You still look amazing. So stylish. Hard to believe little baba will be here so soon! Love Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour! I've actually been eyeing up minty green things - this colour thing is catching.

    And the pink top looks good on you girl - somehow I never think to wear it as a layering piece with something underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - I think it's a fab alternative to pink in a coat. And I've a lovely grey leopard scarf that would look fabulous with it! You're looking so well Trea, can't believe the baby will be here so soon! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need this coat - I can't do oversized but I could be convinced for this price! Love how you have styled it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous coat and fab price too!! Loving your maternity style! Hope you're enjoying putting those feet up! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.