Saturday, 4 January 2014

Finally winning the hair battle!

I mentioned on my last post that I received a life changing present at Christmas. Now you may think I'm exaggerating, but it has seriously changed my life. I have fine hair but loads and loads of it, so it usually gets mistaken for thick hair. It's also very frizzy, and since I've lost my curl it only has a bit of a wave now.

Doing my hair from washing to heading out the door takes about an hour. I have to blow dry it, then straighten it to calm the frizz, then I usually curl it with the Remington Pearl wand as it's very flat without a curl. Hence it's my most hated task, and you definitely won't catch me washing it every day - I have better things to do with my time (like shop!).  The curling wand is a pretty good tool too for a lasting curl or wave and the Pearl seems to be the best on the market, but it's actually the babyliss big hair I'm whittering on about. 


£44.99 at Argos
    
A few of my blogging buddies (Kat from DMBL40 and Avril from SGS) have been singing it's praises, but I was still reluctant as I have serious frizz going on, and I thought nothing would work for my crazy hair. I thought basically if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. But I was eventually convinced otherwise, and I really couldn't pass it up. I was chuffed when my mum bought it for me and could not wait to have a go with it. 

It's basically a brush with a hair dryer built into if. It also spins in both directions, depending on which button you press, so you can flick your hair out or under, or a combination of both gives a nice bouncy blow dry look. If you've had a blow dry from a hair dresser before you'll know that it takes a bit of skill to rotate the brush and blow dry at the same time. The big hair gets rid of one tool completely and when you press the spin button it even does that rotating motion for you too. Making it all bit more manageable. 

I started off by watching a few YouTube tutorials, and gave myself plenty of time to get to grips with it, before heading out for a long lunch with the girls. I thought the first go would be an absolute nightmare, but it was far from it. My main problem was always getting volume at my roots, as my hair is pretty heavy and seems to fall flat at the roots, but the big hair solved this. I'm not a total pro yet but I think after a few weeks I'll be flying. 

The method that works for me is to blast my hair until 80% dry, then I concentrate on doing sections. I then split it into two layers (top and bottom) whizzing though the bottom layer pretty quick and concentrating on the top section and roots a bit more. I didn't have to straighten it at all after, which is completely unheard of for me. It was lovely and shiny and smooth, with a bit of root lift and some added bounce, and best of all it was done in about half the time of my normal routine. 


After my first go, looking rather pleased with myself! 

H&M silk shirt
Whistles sculptured tee
Next necklace
H&M jeans
Mango suede boots (now £35.99)
Oasis leather jacket
Zara scarf 
If you haven't already guessed I really do recommend it. I even look forward to washing my hair which coming from me is a massive thing. If it can smooth my lions mane it can sort anyone's ! 


Tx 

14 comments:

  1. I've bought the US version - took me a while to buy it but it is the Conair Infinitpro heated brush - it works a treat on my hair too even at this length!! Looking fab misses xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know Joanna, been meaning to try my mums hair and it's slightly longer than yours. Seen that pic on Instagram and was wondering was it the same thing. You must have all the best tools now with your flashy hair dryer also! X

      Delete
  2. Ooh you look gorgeous and your hair's not bad either ;o)

    You have to stop with this big hair thing - you and all the others - I feel like I'm missing out but I know I don't really need one as I had something similar years ago and binned it.

    BTW - how pregnant are you (not)? So trim. I'm bigger than you now after all the Christmas food I've eaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd love it Sue! Hair technology has came on so much in recent years. I'm laughing at u, I need to post
      a sideways pic, my bump is all in front and there'd be no mistaking it then!!

      Delete
  3. It is high time I got myself one of these tools! Your hair looks fabulous! I am definately in need of some help in the hair styling department! Great post Trea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you'd have perfect hair for it Michelle, you definitely need to try it. I love styling my hair now, didn't think I'd ever say that!

      Delete
  4. I've never been able to do a really good blow dry at home - the hair dryer is too heavy, I couldn't figure out how to use the brush at the same time and when you've got really long hair too - it's just not easy, until I discovered this one. It's amazing! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, I used to get really sore arms too as it took me so long. This is so much quicker, only thing I'm cross about is that I didn't get one sooner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your hair looks fab. I love my Babyliss Big Hair. I didn't take it skiing last week and boy did I miss it. Love the yellow on you, it really suits you, Dx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been umming & ahhing over one of these for ages & after seeing this I'm heading straight to Boots tomorrow! My hair is so fine & flat & I've been so tempted to just lob it all off! Your hair looks sooooo fab! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great! I love watching on You Tube first:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're getting on well with it - I'm loving mine too! Your hair looks amazing in the photo and I can vouch for it in real life too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.