Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Dressing the ever growing bump

I'm on the home straight now, but that unfortunately means dressing has become a bit trickier. Being on site the first six months of my pregnancy, while far from glamorous, was extremely easy to dress for. Now I'm back in the office, I definitely have to do a bit more thinking about what I can wear, that is, what I can fit into!

Luckily my hips don't seem to have widened as much as they did last time, so my normal trousers still fit, at this stage. I did buy two pairs of maternity trousers for work though, as I'm sitting all day now and wanted to be as comfortable as possible.

I bought a black pair of trousers from ASOS. I have these in non maternity and love them so knew they would work with my existing wardrobe. I nabbed these while there was a 20% code floating about, so they only set me back £17.60. They are currently £22, which is very reasonable, as cheap black trousers can look exactly that - cheap. But these are pretty good for the price, so much so, I have bought a back up pair in case my normal ones ever fall apart. They also come in petite and curve.

These are my main grab and go item, as black cropped trousers work with most things. All I have to do is find a top that covers my bump (not always an easy task might I add) and I'm good to go.

Next jumper
ASOS trousers
ASOS Boots
Zara blouse
ASOS trousers
River Island Shoes 
I've been sticking with the blouse/wool jumper formula a lot recently. I have loads of silky type blouses, so they have been housing the bump just fine. I can't see it lasting forever if the last weeks growing rate is anything to go by. So I may need a few new tops pretty soon.

Weekend dressing has been slightly easier, but I've stuck with blouses and jumpers too. The added layer of a shirt underneath is perfect for me as I'm one of those annoying people who's always cold.

H&M denim shirt
H&M jumper
H&M maternity jeans
Mango boots
River Island blouse
H&M cashmere jumper
H&M jeans
Next jumper
H&M cashmere scarf
Zara jeans
ASOS wedge trainers
Oddly enough dressing up I find pretty easy. I have a few pairs of slouchy trousers and some dresses with a bit of spare material. So they are working just fine for now.

River Island dress
River Island shoes

New look necklace
H&M blouse
Matalan trousers
ASOS wedge boots
Zara blouse
Zara jeans
River Island shoes

You may have noticed I'm now the proud owner of a full length mirror - not out of time I hear you say, the bedroom light isn't great but you will have to put up with it until we get into the new house. No more chopped off head or feet, but the main bonus is it ensures I make the bed everyday!

P.S. Please forgive the weird formatting. My relationship with blogger is going through a rough patch at the minute, but I really wanted to get a post up, as I've been lying about a lot so busy recently ;)

Tx









 

17 comments:

  1. You are the chicest mom to be I've ever seen!! I wish you were here and you could be Pregnancy & Newborn's cover girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Trea I'm loving all your outfits, you look gorgeous & your bump is so neat. Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trea - you are looking seriously awesome and your bump still hardly shows. Last time I was pregnant, I just wore jersey everything (it was quite hot that year) and I was a veritable sight for sore eyes. But there's a lot of inspiration here, pregnant or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I was like a size of a house..... you on the other hand look so petite, some great looks here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!!! And so neat! I was not a neat pregnancy lol Riley had me all lumps and bumps everywhere. Lived in a smock of a maxi dress - loving the hm white shirt on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seriously know how to dress your bump.....you look fabulous in every photo! I love the River Island dress on you in particular but you are rockin' every outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look Ab Fab!!!!!!!!!! xx Love the red strip and wedge trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry 'Stripe' I would not suggest a pregnant woman do a strip, or any woman for that matter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trea, you don't even look pregnant in some of those pictures! What a stylish bump and it's great you're not having to buy a ton of stuff you can only wear for a few months anyway. Ax
    PS love the new mirror - Ikea rocks! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You truly look completely amazing and Avril is right .. you really don't look pregnant in some of those pictures. A very very glam mum in waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfectly dressed bump. So stylish and gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies, u made my day!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously have never seen such chic, stylish pregnant outfits, you look amazing! You could so show the celebs how it is done, you look glowing and beautifully slim and your choice of outfits are fab! One stylish Mama x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking fab as always Trea - I am most impressed you can wear heels when pregnant, that was my killer item! And I am also after that mirror, bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And the award for the most stylish pregnant dresser goes to….you! Every outfit if fab Trea, you look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super post, most stylish pregnant fashionista ever! You put Kim Kardashian to shame!! :)

    Http://www.stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's no shock that you are nailing the preggers looks, you look amazing!!! You are a real inspiration for women who struggle (and there's a few)!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.