Friday, 13 December 2013

The old faithful Converse!

I would be totally lost without my trainers, it's great to wear heels when the occasion is right, but I'm definitely a real trainer or 'guttie' (as they are known around these parts) girl. It probably has a bit to do with my Tomboyishness, that has stuck with me since my teens, and a lot to do with my arthritis and orthotics.

Most people have a pair of converse in their wardrobe these days, and if you don't, how the hell do you live without them?! They work with skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, shorts, skirts and even maxi dresses. 

My old faithful navy ones were looking like they had seen better days, and I just thought I'd replace them with another pair the same, but while looking on the Surfdome website's extensive converse selection, these studded ones instantly jumped out at me!

The high top version is perfect for winter, as it stops the cold ankle dilemma, and the studs make them a bit more quirky and edgy than your average pair of trainers.

These are stated as black on the website but they are definitely more of a charcoal grey to me. Which makes them even more wearable as they will go with navy too. They are 30% off at the minute which brings them down to a reasonable £41.99.

H&M top, cardi and jeans
Converse trainers



These will be a permanent feature on my feet over the winter I can imagine. Perfect for pounding the pavements in comfort doing the Christmas shopping, or even lying on the sofa with a cuppa in hand and doing it online which is more my style! 

If you like the look of these particular ones get them here, or check out Surfdome's entire converse range here. I guarantee there's a pair for everyone's taste - because everyone needs at least one pair of Converse in their wardrobe!

While your there be sure to check out the whole Surfdome website, it's not all surfer stuff as I originally thought. They have a massive range of brands such as Ted Baker, Joules, Superdry and Hunter, and have some great sales and discounts.

Right I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping, I'm just getting over a nasty bout of food poisoning so it's online shopping all the way, which suits me perfectly!

Tx

 

16 comments:

  1. They are really fab Converse. As you said, the studs make them look more edgy. Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've never seen studded ones before - they are gorgeous - off for a nosy at the site now. Had never heard of it before and all those brands sound fab! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them, never heard of the site, but will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are a perfect pair of converse for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh...I love those! I wonder if it's too late to ask Santa for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Converse too....such a style staple for the school run! I have a brown leather pair of Hi-tops which are perfect for rainy days......these studded ones are just gorgeous! Off to peruse Surfdome! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh they are a gorgeous twist to the usual converse. I have some in grey (not studded) and I love them so much. In fact, I might pop them on today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now they are seriously cute .. I've never heard of the website but will definitely check it out. I got my first pair of Converse this year (I know, waaaay late to the party!) and am definitely in the market for more! (where's that bump by the way ... looking way to slim and lovely for an expectant Mommyxx)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I have to say they are the perfect Converse to go with those jeans which we both have. They have the perfect grunge/rock vibe about them especially with the studs and the black contrast laces.

    And you're right about the high tops covering off the cold ankle dilemma - why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new Converse Trea & the studs are super cool, will be checking out the site later xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are stunning & the studs really make them special! They look great with those jeans too! I have red high tops but would love a more muted colour! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha - I love that you call them gutties!! These studded ones are great, and the colour is perfect. £0% off makes them even better;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bought my first pair of Converse this year Trea, and yes, not sure how I coped without them before! I love those studded ones, makes them a little different to the norm x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice and I see they sell the Ash trainers I love and want desperately!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Love the studded converse that you featured. I have five pairs of converse, have just bought our son his first pair today and both our daughter and myself are after another pair each - so now we know where to go! Thanks for spreading the word about Surfdome. Looks like a great find. V much appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.