Saturday, 16 November 2013

So I caved.......

Sorry for the hiatus at the mo, been working crazy hours and as usual blogging comes a paltry second place to sleep. But....... I have had time for a bit of shopping recently. After firmly deciding I wasn't going to be sucked into the Isabel Marant pour H&M collaboration once I seen the ridiculous prices of some of the pieces, I caved.

To be fair I didn't even look online until the day after the collaboration was launched. I had my 20 week scan on Thursday (all looking good btw, we even got a wee cheeky wave!), and a bitter sweet leaving party to attend, and suddenly having the latest Marant piece didn't seem as important. But after waking at silly o'clock thanks to my recent night shifts, I found myself having a sneak peak just in case something was available. 

First I decided to be sensible and just got the feather print grey linen t-shirt, then I decided to go in for the kill again. After my recently abysmal record with coats I thought I'd give the grey wool coat a whirl. I have been on a grey coat hunt for months now, so it would have been silly not to have had a look at this one. So here's hoping the coat hunt can end now, because to be honest I'm boring myself and probably you too with it! 

     

One of the aforementioned coat disasters was this River Island leather biker jacket, I got it for £75 with a discount code, and it was price that nearly sucked me in at the end. But the leather quality was awful compared to my oasis leather jacket and it looked fake to me, so back it went!        
                               
                                 

River Island biker jacket
H&M denim shirt
H&M skinny combats
Nike hi-tops


Todays look: I've been a bit obsessed with black and white lately, and I am so in love with this  jumper. It's really heavy and I actually went out today like this, and didn't even need a coat. For mid November that's almost unheard of - it goes to show that layering does actually work. My new mango boots also made their debut today, and I have to say I'm chuffed to bits with them. 

                                  

H&M denim shirt 
Next jumper
Zara jeans

    Would love to hear if you were as weak as me, and picked up any Marant pieces yourself.

Tx 

11 comments:

  1. Nice blog!
    Paulo Gonçalves
    viajaredescobrir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really wanted the Isabel Marant H&M fringed boots, but couldn't be dealing with the stress of constantly refreshing online. Hoping somewhere else comes up with something similar..

    Sara at Belfast Beauty Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of the reason I didn't panic about looking on the day of the launch, but was very surprised to find stuff the next day still! I'm sure they'll be copied everywhere very soon Sera!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have nabbed yourself a couple of lovely pieces.......hope they work out for you when they arrive! There's nothing worse than eagerly anticipating a delivery like your RI leather jacket and being disappointed when it doesn't meet with your expectations :0( Fingers crossed for you with the IM coat and top! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had such bad luck with online shopping I'm not getting my hopes up too much Michelle, but I suppose that's the risk u have to take!

      Delete
  4. Hi Trea, I've tagged you in The Winter Tag. You can find my Winter Tag post on my blog from 11am tomorrow. x
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, will, get a look when I get back to normality!

      Delete
  5. i got the same coat, the fringed boots and a few (cough cough) blouses… lol

    i love the coat, it´s really chic ;)

    i bet it´ll look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see you in those boots, they are so you! Here's hoping!!

      Delete
  6. I'm so pleased you finally found a grey coat! Its gorgeous & I'm sure it will be a keeper! You're right as it will look fab with navy & black! Such a shame about the biker but its better to return the stuff that isn't quite right! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always looked good even on busiest days. I love the coat and sure gorgeous. from http://GetYourOwnApps.com mobile app maker

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.