Saturday, 30 November 2013

If it doubt layer it out

Now that temperatures have officially dropped and there has been a slight smattering of the white stuff, it definitely time to layer up. As I work outside, I think I'm well qualified to point out the benefits of layering up. I could have easily passed for the Michelin mans wife in my last few weeks of working night shifts outside. I wore no less than 5 layers up top, and 3 down below!!

There is definitely no denying that layers work, especially thin multiple layers. There are plenty of warm and stylish layers available that don't make you look like your going mountain climbing. Uniqlo's heat tech range always gets rave reviews. I don't have any pieces of this myself, but I definitely want to check them out. 

All Uniqlo Heattech pieces
                                
But if you don't want to buy dedicated thermal layers, a skin tight vest, a shirt and a jumper is aways a good combo for some guaranteed heat, without looking too bulky. This has been my go to look recently and my denim shirt in particular has been getting some serious wear. 

H&M cashmere scarf
F&F cable knit jumper
H&M denim shirt
Next Maternity trousers
Zara boots
                              
Next jumper
H&M shirt
Zara jeans
Mango ankle boots (currently 30%off too)
A denim shirt can be hard to style sometimes as some of them can be quite stiff, if your wearing a thin or tight fitting jumper it can look all sorts of weird. So a chambray shirt is always a good alternative, as it's denim colour ensures it goes with everything, but they are usually a lot softer than a traditional denim shirt. 

F&F jumper
H&M chambray shirt
Zara jeans
Zara boots
Now I'm off to stuff myself with some Ben & Jerry's, and I may even allow myself a wee glass of Shloer if I'm feeling a little crazy - the joys of pregnancy eh?!
 
Tx
 

7 comments:

  1. Loving your work here! A denim shirt is a must have for every wardrobe. I love the yellow over the top

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you going on with a single bulky outfit is sure hassle unlike layers as you can always wear some of it during spring and or summer. From, http://GetYourOwnApps.com
    mobile apps development and app maker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layering Trea.......I too love the short sleeved F&F yellow jumper over your denim shirt! I am on the look out for a darker softer denim shirt for layering as I have the H&M one and although it does have a bit of give it in it is quite hard and stiff which does make the layering feel a bit bulky!

    I think it's about time I invested in some of the Uniqlo heat-tech tops as everyone raves about them! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Next window pane sweater looks fab - you're one on trend mamma:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the layering Trea & your pop of yellow with denim, gorgeous xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like one of each jumper you are wearing:) Layers are the best way to add your S/S wardrobe to A/W!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect way to style an outfit in winter days!

    Chico's
    Women's Designer Fashion and Clothing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.