Friday, 20 September 2013

Check it out

check it out
 
Click on photos for links:
  
 
Checks and tartan are everywhere this season, and I love love love it!! I'm not the biggest fan of tartan overload, but I think a subtle hint of tartan can look great. The Preen tartan collar above is a perfect way to do two of this seasons biggest trends- punk and tartan. Buy it at Matches here.
 
I have a particular fondness for the 'window pane' check, and Gap have the perfect jumper and trousers (which are in the sale at £27.99 atm). If you want to be on trend but aren't fond of tartan, and I know a lot of people aren't, this pattern is the one for you. It's a bit less in yer face and a bit more chic, it's also more office friendly than the traditional tartan check.
 
I've ordered the ASOS check skirt above, it looks like a lovely tweedy type material - perfect for winter with some black tight and a silk blouse.
 
Will you be embracing the tartan trend this A/W or like me do you favour the more subtle 'window pane' pattern?
 
Tx

8 comments:

  1. I keep seeing that lovely Gap navy check jumper around and having finally decided to check it out properly online .... it's sold out in my size. Phew, my credit card can breathe again.

    And that Preen collar is too cool. That's the kind of thing I need as I am rubbish at layering up but sometimes think that I would like a little something to add to the regular crew neck jumper without feeling all bulked up. Not going to look though - it's Preen. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sue, but that's nothing unusual for me!! Hoping it comes back in though. Yes the preen collar is a little on the pricey side, £110 if I remember correctly. But I'm sure there are loads of cheap versions about too! X

      Delete
  2. Laura looks great in that gap jumper! Love checks, tartan etc etc. Love winter fashion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hollie, it's an exciting season and as long as its not too cold I love it! X

      Delete
  3. It's taken me so long to start liking tartan but I think I'm finally ready for a little piece of something checked... Quite like the green shirt in your collage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, I was never a big fan of it but I think it's everywhere at the minute and that seems to have helped it make it's way into my brain! X

      Delete
  4. Ooooh superb finds and I can't wait to see the ASOS skirt on - it looks amazing

    I shall be embracing the tartan trend if I can find a kilt that is not too mini or too frumpy long - my search continues!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I cannot wait until it comes Fiona, I have seen very little kilts and more check skirts, will keep an eye out for u lovely! X

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.