Saturday, 7 September 2013

Catching up........

Yes, I know I have been a very bad blogger of late, I haven't posted in over a week, but I've been snowed under at the minute with one thing and another.  I can't even blame the wee man and school starting as that's a couple of years away yet (only 2 might I add - scary thought), but it's just general everyday life getting in the way and pesky work spoiling my fun. The self build is in full flow, even though the Christmas move in date is not looking too hopeful, another Christmas with our rather bijou tree is on the horizon. But anyways, enough of the rambling as I know your here to talk fashion.

I'm gonna do a wee catch up post as I feel there's no much I have failed to share recently, and frankly it's stressing me so I need to get it all out.

So, first up after my boot post here, I can confirm I ordered the Ash Spiral in black - yay for me!! They arrived after five long days and they are massive - not so yay!! I'll be returning though, in the hope that a four will do the trick and don't look like trotters on me, as a size five is already a small shoe size for my height.

Atterley Road £149
Not only did I order the Ash ones, but I also couldn't resist the Navy and black Dorothy Perkins wedge boots I featured in that post too. DP are offering 25% off all purchases until tomorrow night (08/09/13) with the code DPFW25, so obviously the decision was taken completely out of my hands. They have some great little gems, you just have to do a bit of work to find them usually, and DP is always a place I go for shoes, especially boots. 


Dorothy Perkins £39 before discount

In other new purchases news, I finally got me a pair of Ray-ban aviators! I've been wanting a pair for years, but just never really got round to it. After a major try on sesh in HOF, I was totally sold on them, as I discovered they do a slightly smaller size lens (52mm as opposed to 55mm). Every other pair of sunglasses I try on make me look like a little kid playing dress up, such is the perils of having a narrow face. I even considered buying kids sunglasses at one point. But I need not have worried the 52mm are perfect for me, and I was sold there and then. All we need now is the sun to come back! 

Currently on sale at Sunglasses Shop for £106

I also got my hands on the Topshop neon animal print tunic, that was sold out almost everywhere. Yet to grace my back, but I think the navy wedge boots will be perfect with it. 


                                                           
  
So onto outfits, I've been a bit slack in taking photos recently so only have a few to share from the last few weeks. 

Wedding a few weeks back:
Reiss dress (4 years on and still going strong)
Zara heels
                          Off to the Fleadh in Derry/Londonderry:                  

    
            F&F biker jacket
               Zara top
             Primark trousers
               Next Hi-tops

This also happened the same day - Happy Birthday sung in a restaurant full of people, I'm blaming u Jo!!!
             

Chilling on a Sunday:
All H&M
                                                 
     Work dinner/drinks:
Matalan blouse
H&M jeans
Zara shoes
So there you have it, I'm all caught up. I feel a bit better getting that little lot off my chest. Hopefully normal blogging will now resume. As you were.

                                                Tx                                                  


16 comments:

  1. Lovely to see u back Trea! I've had a shocking few months of posting & the manic times don't seem to be letting up just yet! Love the blue DP boots & they will look awesome with Topshop tunic dress! Happy Belated Birthday too! :) Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! You could be forgiven, you must have had a hectic few months, my excuse is nowhere near as good as yours!! Can't wait to the boots come, but I have a feelin it could go either way with them. X

      Delete
  2. Great to see you back. Love the DP boots I was tempted with the navy or the black with snakeskin. Love the topshop tunic been desperately trying to get one for 2 months now, but since it was seen on Denise van outen people have gone crazy for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back! The black and snake skin ones nearly tempted me too, they look so expensive don't they? I was very lucky to get the tunic, it was in the 'last chance to buy section' in Topshop, I couldn't believe my luck! X

      Delete
  3. Such a shame you had to return the Spirals - but I'm so glad you got them at last!! Great decision - you'll have them for life. Loving all the other purchases and the outfits. You're getting lots of wear out of your Zara shoes!
    Oh and gutted I missed you at the Malone Lodge - we must get a catch up in the next few weeks before time flies by again! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Avril, I have to wait twice as long for them now and in the hope that the 4 does the job. Those Zara shoes are probably my buy of the year, I love them just need them in black now and I'm sorted, who needs loubs when £20 shoes look that good?! X deffo need a catch up sorted out!! X

      Delete
  4. Ha! This is definitely a get it off your chest post, love it! The Reiss dress is beautiful on you, and as usual am jealous of your hair;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was Rosanna, feels so good to have a clean slate, I'm weird like that. The reiss dress is my version of the LBD, it's had so many outings, don't think I'll ever part with it. You would not be jealous if u seen it just after blow drying - I've been called Tina Turner on many an occasion!! X

      Delete
  5. Weird - I thought I left a comment last night? Anyhow - have you tried the DP ones? Do they go on easily with no zip and no elastic - I'm so tempted as they ship here for free too and we have a 25% code so it's almost worth the risk! xx Glad you managed to get the TopShop tunic - I took mine back as the fabric was just so warm for summer here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't talk to me about comments Joanna, mine keep disappearing on your blog too! Still waiting on DP boots to arrive, will let you know when they come. If they're as nice as they look they're a total bargain. Couldn't believe my luck, things have cooled down a lot here so I'm sure ill get so,e wear out of it soon. X

      Delete
  6. Love the DP boots - they are going to go with so much over the next few months. Truly loving the yellow outfit also - I took out my yellow jacket from Next yesterday to wear it for the second time ever ... and an hour later, discovered a huge rip down the back :( Not happy, so that will be going back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DP boots seem to be very popular Helen. I go for yellow when I'm feeling uninspired as it always looks like you have made a it of an effort. Can't believe that about your Next jacket, don't think I've had any problems with Next quality before, deffo take it back!! X

      Delete
  7. GORGEOUS outfits - I love that blue dress - stunning
    Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, it's an oldie but a goodie! Had a great wee day apart from the public embarrassment of course!! X

      Delete
  8. You look lovely in all your outfits. You're a good clothes horse - clothes look effortless on you. They just work.

    And the Ash Spiral boots. Just curious - what made you choose the Spiral over the Jalouse?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all your new purchases Trea & I can't wait to see the Topshop dress with your new DP wedges, bet you're going to looking stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.