Thursday, 1 August 2013

Next please!

I've always been a fan of Next. The vast majority of my work wardrobe comes from Next, they do some great trousers, plus they do a long leg option, which is a must when I wear heels. But it's not just my work wardrobe that it filled with Next buys - nope they also do great shoes too! 

I popped into Next recently to buy a baby present, I was totally adamant I was going to head straight to the kids department at the back, bypassing the sale that had just started. I think you know where this one is going.........of course I couldn't stop myself from taking a sneaky peak at the sale items, The first place I head for at sale time in any store is the shoe area, and Next is no different. 

I managed to walk away with not one, not two, not three, but four pairs of sale bargain shoes! 
Zara top
Topshop skirt
Next shoes
First up these pointed toe buckle pumps I got for £12. I fell in love with this style after snapping up a similar style in the Zara sale, and couldn't resist this black and white pair, with a bit of my beloved yellow thrown in too.
There are some lovely open toes jewelled versions of these all over the high street at the minute, I really regret returning a jewelled Zara pair I bough back in the January sales now.
H&M t-shirt
H&M skirt
Next Hi-tops
The next pair are these black hi-tops. I have a black Nike pair so not really sure why I needed these too, but I just loved the perforations on them. There was a similar white pair which I probably would have got instead if they were in my size though. These were £12. I wore them with a H&M tube skirt on Saturday and loved the sports luxe vibe of this outfit. 

ASOS top
H&M skirt
Next heels
When Sunday came I knew I would be wearing the red/coral heels I picked up for a tenner. My favourite H&M skirt was the obvious choice for this and I went for a simple black top so the heels and skirt could do the talking. These are such a perfect heel height -  low enough to be comfy, but high enough not to be frumpy. 

Topshop top
H&M skirt
Next sandals
Another pair I picked up in the online sale a few weeks back, were the white version of the tan and navy leather sandals I have, at £9 it would have been silly not to.

I wore this to a little meet up with the lovely Rosanna from Silverbrogues, she's another Northern Ireland blogger and definitely worth checking out.

It looks like our summer may be over, it's currently pelting it down here bigtime, but these will be pulled out year after year - in that I have no doubt.

Anyone else get some great bargains in the Next sale?
T x

17 comments:

  1. Oh you did well. The only sandals I wanted in the sale sold out before they even got to the sale (why am I always the last on the block?). But I like having a nosey at their online sale sections (saves a lot of hassle).

    I love the first and last pair - first pair won't suit me - fat feet. Last pair don't fit me right, I tried some in the store. But you're right to get them in every colour you can find if you like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Sue that happens me all the time too. The store sales are always better I think and our local one sells out of kids clothes in what feels like seconds but the women's sale is usually good a week later.

      The first pair are very tricky to get right, I have very narrow feet so just about get away with them but I love the style so much I would probably wear them anyway!! X

      Delete
  2. Great finds! I adore the first shoes and you know I had my eye on the sandals too! You H&M skirt is a beautiful print:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I nearly wore them for our meet up, then realised they would probably be bogging by the time I got home, white pointy toes aren't the best options for running after little boys! The sandals were such a bargain I couldn't pass them up! X

      Delete
  3. What a great haul!! I fell in love with Next all over again when I was back - love surfing their site - plus they ship here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some amazing stuff, and are always pretty good with trends especially shoes! Looks like we'll be seeing some more Next on you soon then Joanna!! X

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sera, I love it too! There were trousers in it too that I wish I had bought now. X

      Delete
  5. I laughed when I saw that you bought 4 pairs! I love the hi tops and the red courts and I really like the way you've styled them all. Like you, I'm a big fan of Next - not sure why it gets such bad press amongst so many bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Helen, I always do that in sales but in my defence they were about the price of one pair so I couldn't resist! It's great, and I have a soft spot for the shoes in particular as they are usually well mead and leather a lot of the time. X

      Delete
  6. Just discovered your blog via Claire from Another New Day and Helen just above! I usually do bag a few bargains at the Next sale but missed out this time. Love the coral heels - love the colour and heel height and I'm not a huge wearer of skirts generally (always in jeans) but really like the flowery skirt you've worn with them. Also quite liking the wide stripe skirt in the first pic - am I getting more 'skirt friendly' in my old age I wonder? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, thanks for popping over! The flowery ones is my favourite but the stripey one comes in a close second, I find pencil skirts very versatile and have been living in them this summer. It may be a different story in a few weeks, looks like the summer is over here ! X

      Delete
  7. Wow - I hope you are building an AMAZING shoe storage wardrobe in the new house! Your collection must be huge! Love the coral ones and the first pair too - very like the Boden ones I tried. Sorry I missed the meet up - next time hopefully! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Avril, I was thinking the other night I may not have enough room, even though my dressing room is an actual good sized room! Think hubs clothes may be banished to a spare room wardrobe!! Yeah deffo, we'll get another one organised next time, Dublin has been mentioned!! X

      Delete
  8. OMG! Those Coral heels are absolutely stunning!! And that outfit with the H&M skirt! Amazing!! I love Next and H&M in sales! I'd probably buy everything there if I had enough money! xx

    http://quirkyengineer.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the red heels and the sandals. Great choices. Your pics are amazing just like you. Glad you got to spoil yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I managed to get the leather sandals in the animal print for £7 as a friend had a preview slot on line! Worn them loads already. There was nothing left by the time I got to store. 4 bargain pairs of shoes you got there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.