Friday, 30 August 2013

Boots glorious boots

We haven't even hit the end of August yet, and already I'm thinking about my winter wish list. For some reason my wish list is very shoe and accessory heavy this season, and for me it's all about the ankle boots!!

I've always loved the Ash Jalouse/Spiral boots (no real difference in the two as far as I can see) and thought I could survive without them - well turns out I was wrong!! I've thrown on a lot of outfits recently and have been thinking  "Oh if I just has those boots in black my outfit would be perfect" *stomps feet*.

For me they are a perfect mix of a daytime boot to wear with a simple tee and jeans, but they also look equally as good with dresses. It sounds easy but there are not a lot of black boots that can fit both criteria. I have a biker style pair from Jones Bootmaker, which are great with jeans, but don't work as well with dresses.

Ash Spiral £155


So when I decided I was finally going to give in and buy them, what did I discover only a midnight blue pair on the Ash website too -  cue some major excitement from me!

My quest for navy boots has been going a while now, I have a Hispanitas wedge pair but they just don't go with everything like the Ash ones would. So now I'm in a dilemma as to what colour to go for. Navy boots are so hard to find, but I really want the Ash ones in black as I know they would get some major wear.

Ash Spiral £155

So I thought if I could find another pair of navy boots, I would definitely go for the Ash ones in black, and so the search was reignited........yet again!

Starting with the current favourite, can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think they may be too low, therefore verging on the too casual.
Vince Camuto Tricera £110


I've been a big fan of Hudson boots for a while now, but haven't purchased as yet. But these would have been 'the ones' had they have been in my size, only a 6 available in Office now, as I think these are last seasons. Serious scouring of eBay being done for these at the minute!
Hudson Horrigan £145
There's also the Eckne by Hudson, and yes you guessed it, none available in my size. The navy boot god's are definitely not looking down on me!
Hudson Eckne £119
 Yet another pair of Hudsons, kudos to Hudson by the way for making three pairs of navy boot, which is virtually unheard of. These are not strictly ankle boot territory for me, so they're a no.
Hudson Riley £160







Not a a place I would usually look for shoes, but these are John Lewis, I found them via the Shopstyle website, which is great for hunting down particular items. They are in my size and are the cheapest by far at £49, but they may be a bit too 'mum boot' for me.
 
John Lewis £49

 
I love these Dorothy Perkins boots, but they don't quite fit the bill. They're a bit too dressy and I could just imagine me breaking my ankle while running after my 2 year old mini Usain Bolt in them. Pity though as they are a reasonable £39 with 15% off and free delivery with DPESSENTIAL1. For a dressy option they are perfect, so I haven't ruled these out completely.  
 
Dorothy Perkins £39

 
So after all that I am really no further forward, if I can find the Hudson Horrigans in my size they are the ones, in the meantime I may just order the Ash boots in black and keep on searching.
 
If there are any navy ankle boots I have missed, do let me know and I will love you forever!!
 
Tx
 


15 comments:

  1. The Ash Spirals in navy look gorgeous.....I say don't tease yourself any further and just go for them before they sell out!

    Love the Dotty P ones, a total find although I agree they are a whole lot dressier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want them Michelle, but not sure if I can justify an expensive pair of navy boots, but cheap navy boots don't seem to exist! Plus I know it's more sensible to get the Ash in black as they will get more wear.......decisions decisions!! X

      Delete
  2. You've missed this lot ....

    http://www.marksandspencer.com/All-Boots-Shoes-Boots-Womens/b/3149706031?ie=UTF8&intid=gnav_women_boots#ie=UTF8&intid=gnav_women_boots&rh=p_10%3ABlue&page=1&sort=salesrank&size=12&lo_binKey=p_10&lo_binValue=Blue

    I nearly went for the spirals in the burgundy they had last year and they did the midnight ones shortly after but I held off. The topo coloured ones will be mine but I have to order from Shopbop I think as they don't do the colour in the UK (???).

    Get the black spirals and a pair of cheaper navy ones. Job done :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen those M&S ones Sue, but all too dressy I think. They are gorgeous in all colours Sue, can we not have one of each?! Very tempted with the DP ones, they look so expensive and while they may not be great for daytime I think they would still get plenty of wear otherwise. Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet with the spirals, or knowing my luck they'll be sold out!! X

      Delete
  3. Hi, finding the right boots/footwear is always my big dilemma too, I had the Ash boots about 4 years ago, and now when I look at them they just look a bit too safe, if you know what I mean? At the time they looked quite new and edgy, but there are just so many look-alikies flooding the market, I reckon you should go for something else, and just buy a cheap copy of the Ash boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were loads of lookalikes but I can't seem to find as many now, any that I have seen just don't match up to the real thing. I ordered them at the weekend - patiently waiting their arrival!! x

      Delete
  4. I would tend to agree with Sue - get the expensive black ones and a cheaper navy pair. Keep an eye on eBay as the ones I have from M&S may come on there. These are the only ones on eBay I can find atm...not new tho :( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-S-Navy-Western-Ankle-Boots-Size-5-5-/370884981930?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item565a77b4aa
    Good luck in your search - and share if you find! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think thats the plan Avril, I ordered the black Ash anyway.I love your M&S ones, still so cross I missed out on them! Will keep on searching though!x

      Delete
  5. I need those Dorothy Perkins ones in my life, had wedge boots from Ugg last year and they were amazing, more comfortable than you'd think.

    Great blog.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous aren't they, thinking I may just order them as there is 25% off all this week on DP website, so at not even £30 it'd be silly not to! x

      Delete
  6. Love your selections - I want a flat pair I think but just can't seem to find the right ones?? The hunt still continues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never find the ones your looking for can you Rosanna?! I've seen loads of flat ones but I'm after a little heel so I can dress them up too. Will keep an eye out for you! x

      Delete
  7. Get the Spirals and keep searching for another navy pair. Love, love, love the Dorothy Perkins ones; maybe you should get those too 'just in case'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash have been ordered Helen, and may order the DP ones before the day is out, theres 25% off at the minute too so be silly to miss out!x

      Delete
  8. I love the Horrigans too! You would look amazing in them! I'm in need of new black boots! The DP ones are great value! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.