Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Blogger PJ Party!

The lovely Katrina Doran, creator of Sugahfix, an online magazine featuring fashion, beauty and covering all the glamorous NI events recently asked me to join FABB (fashion and beauty bloggers). It’s a group of Northern Ireland bloggers who share a love for all things fashion and beauty, and who wouldn’t want to be part of that?!

The first FABB event I got invited to was a Blogger PJ party in the 4* Malone Lodge Hotel, organised by Anna from INPR, and I was well up for it, I’m obsessed with hotels – if I ever win the lotto I’m buying one to live in!

The night kicked of with bellini's in the famous lobby, followed by a tour with chatty Carla the General Manager of the hotel to check out its facilities, and I have to say I was impressed. The hotel has just recently had a make over and now has that boutique feel without being pretentious, which is probably down to the fact that’s its family run and a lot of the Managers are quite young which seems to keep the feel of the place quite relaxed.

The calm before the storm.

There are so many areas to suit different needs from the Deramore Suite for weddings and parties, the Knife and Fork Grill and Deli for some gorgeous lunch or dinner, the private dining room for a more intimate gathering but best of all for us bloggers on the night was the Malone Suite. This suite which is licensed for civil ceremonies had been sectioned off for the night with one side set out for us to sample some of the delicious food they have to offer and after eating and drinking to bursting point, it was time to retreat into the pamper side of the room which featured the biggest bed I’ve ever seen.

The Knife and Fork Grill, Cocktails and the sumptuous lobby.

With drinks and delicious cupcakes from CakesbyJames in hand, we were treated to a demonstration from Skin Medi Spa on their latest anti ageing treatments and even got a little cleanse treatment ourselves using my favourite Elemis products. The very talented Rebecca Bryson from Bexberry blog then treated us to a little make-up demonstration using the hilarious Aoife Malone from Aoife Malone blog as her model.

I picked up some great little tips here from the other girls especially Sara from Belfast Beauty Love, Gemma Louise from That Belfast Girl and Nicola from Strawberry Blonde Beauty Blog- these girls really know a thing or two about make-up, and not being massively into make-up, I know they are going to teach me a thing or two.

The goodie bag, The humongous bed and a little bit of glamour with Audrey.

Zara dress and boots
 
Because I didn't stay over PJ's were not the order of the night. I wore a Zara dress I picked up in the sale a few months back, with Zara suede boots. It was a perfect choice as I could laze around in it without being restricted. Looking forward to rocking it in the winter with black tights and boots too.
 
It was a brilliant night overall and it was great to meet other newbie FABB-er's Ruth from Willow Lane, and catch up again with Rosanna from Silverbrogues. I’m looking forward to future events with FABB girls.
 
I seriously urge you to give the Malone Lodge a go, you will not be disappointed. My only regret was that I didn’t actually stay the night and get to enjoy the very comfy beds and the amazing breakfast the other girls got to enjoy the next morning – but I’ll know for the next time *wink nudge*

Thanks to the team at Malone Lodge and Anna at INCPR for a wonderful night.
 
Tx 

6 comments:

  1. You look stunning! I wish I had some bloggers nearby to meet up with for an evening of fun

    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great having bloggers close by, but in NI everyone is considered close by Fiona! x

      Delete
  2. It was a great night - let's hope all the events are like that;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right Rosanna, I could get used to that!! x

      Delete
  3. Trea I had major dress envy that night - do you think your lovely leopard item would still be in Zara?

    It was so lovely to meet you IRL, I had the best night ever with you gals. Hopefully it's not too long before we get another catch up.

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to meet you too Sara, been listening to you on the radio too.The dress isn't online anymore but you could still be lucky instore, I got it at the start of June but I seen it still in store over the summer so you never know! x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.