Monday, 29 July 2013

The Liebster Award



The lovely Karen over at Mission;Style nominated me for the Liebster award recently. What is that I hear you ask. Well,  it's an award that's aimed at promoting new bloggers (with under 200 Google followers) or Bloglovin I suppose now that Google reader is kerput.

It's a good way introducing some new blogs that you may not have come across and find out some random information about them. I love random fact blog posts.

The rules are:
  1. Nominees must answer 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated them.
  2. You need to choose 11 blogs with under 200 followers to pass the award onto and let them know you've nominated them by commenting on their blog.
  3. Come up with 11 new questions for them to answer.

So here are Karen's questions, and my answers:

Q1. What's been your best sale buy this season?
A leopard print Zara dress that can be dressed up or down, it has both long sleeves and pockets - two of my favourite features in a dress.

Q2. Flats or heels?
While I live in flats probably 95% of the time, it's a gorgeous pair of heels that really gets my pulse going , so for that reason it has to be heels!

Q3. Why did you start blogging?
I feel like I've been reading blogs since the the day Tim BL created the Internet, and my day job isn't exactly glamorous, so I wanted to get stuck into my real passion and interact with more people who share my love for fashion. I'm astounded at the amount of new friends I've made in only a few months.

Q4. What's on your wish list for the AW season?
Surprisingly for once I don't actually have a wish list, I've got to the point where I've realised I have more than enough clothes to do me and really want a nice tan leather bag, and if it happens to be a designer one, well that's obviously a bonus! 

Q5. If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
My love for Zara and H&M is obvious, but I'm going to surprise you here and go for ASOS. That place has freaking everything! I will say though it's gotten a bit overwhelming recently, as there is so much on there, but it has every fashion eventually covered. 

Q6. Where do you get your style inspiration?
Being a missive blog fan I have to say blogs, but social media in general is great. Pinterest, Instagram and twitter are all great sources of inspiration, my favourite at the minute is Instagram though. 

Q7. Who would you most like to meet in the fashion world and why?
This is a hard one as I don't really have a favourite designer, so I'm going to go for anyone from the masses of blogs I follow. 

Q8. Sweet or savoury?
Another hard one as I love both. I hadn't got a sweet tooth at all until I became pregnant and have ate chocolate every day since. I tend to do both as the same time, so eat crisps and a bar together. But since your making me pick (damn u Karen and your hard questions!) I'm going to go for savoury. 

Q9. Cocktails and dancing or, quiet meal and a DVD?
This is not such a hard one, while I love my food, I have never been known to pass up on a night out. They are few and far between since bringing a small person into the world a nite out (especially a girly one) is always welcome! 

Q10. If you could choose a fashion era to style and wear, what would it be?
I would go for the 80's as I think it was a fun decade to dress in. Being born in the 80's meant I didn't get a chance to get into 80's style and I feel I've missed out. This may also have something to do with my neon obsession of late! 

Q11. Do you have any weird talents?
This isn't really a talent per sé, but I have really good hearing and can always figure out what every random noise is before everyone else.  So for example if something falls in another room and everyone's like "what was that?!" I'm like "eh the blue vase falling, how can you not know that?!". A talent - no. Weird - yes. 


I'm nominating:

Rosanna of Silverbrogues
Natalie of Glam Rosie
Fiona of Avenue57
Andrea of Cous Cous and Cork Wedges
Jane of My Midlife Fashion
Helen of The Flaky fashionista
Hollie of Mummy Wife and Chaos
Amber of Twentymumthing
Ruth of Willow Lane
Lou of The Marathon shopper
Niamh of Niamh Kelly

My questions are:

Q1. What is your favourite food?
Q2. What do you think your best feature is?
Q3. If you could have any talent in the world, what would it be?
Q4. If you only had one outfit to wear the rest of your life, what would it be?
Q5. Where is your favourite place in the world?
Q6. What is your favourite pair of shoes that you own?
Q7. If you were invisible for a day what would you do?
Q8. What accessory or item of clothing would you want to have, if money was no object?
Q9. What is your favourite colour?
Q10. What is your dream job?
Q11. Who is your favourite person in the world?

You should check out these brilliant blogs if you haven't already, I'm looking forward to checking out their answers.
Tx












7 comments:

  1. ooh you nominated me - thank you! Urm, what do I have to do now?!!!!!

    Sounds like a GREAT thing to be involved in

    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your answers Fiona! Xx

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers, I'm such a nosy cow too!!

    PS. I like eating crisps and chocolate at the same time!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does that not surprise me Karen! Crisps and chocolate are Devine, I'm off to the cupboard now!! X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your nomination Trea! I love your questions, especially the invisible one - but can I admit to raiding stores for all of the seasons latest and leaving without opening the invisible wallet?!
    I'm also with the sweet and savoury of crisps and chocolate - um, salt and vinegar and a snickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've posted my answers! Check it out here http://t.co/Qsag4oHGw8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination Trea....my answers are now live on my blog http://mymidlifefashion.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/my-first-nomination.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.