Thursday, 25 July 2013

The Accentuate the Positive Project

The ever so lovely and super-talented Catherine at Not Dressed as Lamb recently asked me to take part in a project of hers called 'Accentuate the Positive'. The idea came from a post she did called 'How to make the most of your best feature' . It really got women talking about how much we put ourselves down and are usually reluctant to accept a compliment.

We all have body hang-ups, and I'm sure even the most gorgeous models do too. It's only natural, and we always seem want what we can't have.

I have my fair share of things I'd like to change -  I have a big hooter, knobbly knees and lanky arms (I could go on but I'll stop there!). I've learned to accept these things over the years and realised in the grand scheme of things they don't matter so much. I have a great job, a roof over my head, nothing too serious wrong with me health wise and best of all a gorgeous Husband and Son. So with that in mind, I can cope with my knees looking like they are 40 years old than the rest of me.

Catherine is attending an event held by Activia in Westfield, London today. She submitted a photo entry to the ActiviaUk Facebook page, as part of their 'Feel Good from Within' project, and was invited as a VIP to chat to and interview Gok Wan who is hosting the event.

This is Catherine's photo entry including little ole moi, which will be exhibited at the event today. Some gorgeous ladies here I think you'll agree.



Catherine has also set up a Facebook page of her own for the project, Accentuate the Positive Project, you can find it by clicking here. She is encouraging all you lovely ladies to upload a photo showing your best feature to her wall, with a little blurb on why you have chosen that particular feature.

I choose my hair for this reason:



If you feel it's something you would like to be a part of head on over to the facebook page and upload your photo. It's a great little project, which is sure to be very popular!

Tx 

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you to be included as part of Catherine's project - I was quite surprised to see your face up on her blog but how fab. And your hair is growing at a rate of knots (mine does too - time for another trim - look like the shag monster (but not rude version).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea/post - I'm always putting myself down and feel so awkward over compliments! And seriously I really don't get your 'big hooter' thing - if you want to see a proper big one (no rudeness intended) you should check out mine on my blog (although you'll only usually see the half of it - too big to photograph in it's full glory!). See I'm doing it again - sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.