Monday, 8 July 2013

Scorchio!!

Anyone remember The Fast Show? Man I loved that programme. There was a sketch in it with Caroline Aherne, who was a weather girl on a foreign News channel and proclaimed every day to be Scorchio!!

I've been frequently declaring it Scorchio!! over that last few days, and I'm hoping and praying it stays good until the weekend because we're off to Dublin for the weekend for a festival. A city break with Mumford and 'sun' is about as good as it gets!!

Exhibit tee
Matalan skirt
Next sandals
So onto OOTD's. On Saturday I didn't realise just how Scorchio!! it would be, hence the heavy-ish jersey midi skirt. Myself and my BFF- Little Miss Chatterbox, took our little boys out for the day to a local play area, and it just so happened there was a vintage tractor show on there - cue two tractor obsessed little boys hyperventilating! But I was totally sweltered, and vowed not to be caught out on Sunday again.
      
A little top knot may have also happened on Saturday too, so chuffed that I can get my hair up like this now, as this time last year it was little more that and long crop.Need to get a doughnut thingy-ma-ging, to add a bit of fullness to it though.

H&M dress
Next sandals
On Sunday I pulled out an ancient but much loved dress, it was from a H&M Garden Collection from 2010. The other half says it makes my hips look big with the added material and I kind of agree, but I just love the colours on it. It also got the seal of approval from my niece who proclaimed " oh that's a nice dress" in very shocked tone- she obviously doesn't rate my fashion choices very highly!

Once again with the Next sandals, I knew I would live in these when I bought them. Which reminds me they come in Navy (and white and pewter too), and I need to get my hands on them. Navy shoes are a nightmare to come by and I wear so much navy, well it would be simply 'stoopid' of me not to get them.

I also need to reiterate the fact that these are only £18 - yes, £18 people!! I would have happily paid twice that for leather sandals. If you don't fancy these ones there are loads of cheap leather sandals about at the minute, Tesco and Matalan have some stunning ones for about £15.

20 comments:

  1. Love the top knot - you look so different with it...great for this time of year, I can't bear my hair being down at the moment! Also that's a great H&M dress - perfect for this weather. Enjoy the lovely week ahead, Ax
    School Gate Style
    Scarf & Jewellery Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Avril, it's just perfect for that weather, I can't cope with my hair round my face when it's hot. How amazing is the weather, I'm sure your kids are having a whale of a time, as is mine! X

      Delete
  2. I wish I could wear a top knot - I just look like Lorraine Chase whenever I do it!
    That dress is SUPERB - I love it so much

    Fingers crossed the weather stays gorgeous for the weekend!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously lol-ing at your Lorraine Chase line Fiona, I forgot she was fond of a top knot!! Perhaps it's her we have to thank for the trend. The weather is looking good for the weekend! Woohoo! X

      Delete
  3. I don't think you need one of those hair doughnut thingys at all (plus, I've had mine ages and still not mastered!), your bun looks fab. Dress does as well, don't think it makes your hips look big as the pattern is all over, not just one area x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I need something to bulk it out a bit Natalie, my brother says I look like a moomin!! Lol. I'm wearing it regardless anyway as I fell in love with the print and just had to have it! X

      Delete
  4. Love the top knot - and does it sound ridiculous to say that you have beautifully shaped eyebrows??!! Also love the dress; perfect for this weather. Fingers crossed it keeps up til the weekend, because so far it's 'scorchio' in Dublin also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great compliment Helen, I'm a bit obsessive about eyebrows and am currently trying to grow mine a bit thicker but it's not happening. It looks like it's going to be great this weekend in Dublin, it'll be like being on a European city break I reckon, with the heat too! X

      Delete
  5. Hi sweetie, thank you so much for your lovely comments on my post the other week about your best features! You have great style - I love the simplicity of the vest top and the grey skirt, plus your figure is amazing (can't believe you've had a baby?!!!)

    I couldn't find an email address for you - I have a little request to use a photo of you if possible in connection with the post I wrote... if you email me I'll send you details? It would result in your photo being included with some others on my blog with a link to yours, plus some other exciting stuff!

    My email is notdressedaslamb(at)gmail(dot)com. Oh I'm sorry I also can't find your name anywhere - sorry it sounds rude not to address you by name!!

    Thanks so much - I hope to hear from you :)

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, thanks for popping over. Have sent you off a wee email this morn, lookin forward to it! X

      Delete
  6. Love the top knot, i think it looks good as it is however, highly recommend the Primark ones as they come in various sizes!

    I love both outfits, proper cool and chic and then Sunday's dress is fab! I love digging in the back of my wardrobe to find old treasures! I think you can carry this dress of because of your tall slender figure!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have a look for the primark one as I probably only need a small one anyway Karen. I've been doing a lot of digging especially since the weather been so fantastic, and I've been pulling out a lot of old holiday clothes too, it's as close as ill get to a holiday this yr unfortunately!! X

      Delete
  7. Make the most of the sunshine and enjoy your weekend at the festival, can't wait to see your pics!! You'll appreciate this, I spotted the leopard print sandal boots on WIWT, looked online, presumed new collection (how did I miss these!) and just found them sold out in the sale... I will lose sleep over this!!

    I hope you don't mind, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog tonight...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous- would have fitted right in your wardrobe too Karen!!

      Just seen that, slowly but surely catching up on blogs after a busy few days! Thanks! Xx

      Delete
  8. I never did buy those Next sandals, I'm kicking myself now! That dress is amazing, I wouldn't worry about it having excess fabric, you look gorgeous in it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're in the sale now Sharron, navy, pewter and white for £9 I think. I've bought the navy at full price as I couldn't get them in my size on the sale slot I had, but have ordered the white, although not sure I need 3 pairs the same but for £9 I couldn't resist! Xx

      Delete
  9. Love that dress!! I had to sell my mumford ticket beyond gutted!! Hope you had a ball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazing! Sorry Danielle! I'm sure they will be back around Christmas, they seem to be here every 6 months or so. X

      Delete
  10. Hi, found you blog, its great, your style rocks, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.