Saturday, 20 July 2013

Matalan Style Project

I was chuffed when Matalan asked me to take part in their July Style Project. Each month four bloggers are armed with £50 to create an entire outfit on a specific theme. This month the theme was Mum on a family beach holiday.

I absolutely love a fashion related challenge and could have created at least five outfits from Matalan's website. I was pleasantly surprised at the range of beach wear available, and the website even has a specific section for just beach wear making it easy to find everything you need in the one place.

Sunglasses - £13.50
Vest - £4
Skirt - £12
Sandals - £5
Bracelets - £4
Necklace - £10

I like to pack multi-tasking items on holidays and thought this outfit would be perfect for the beach, over a bikini or swimsuit and minus the jewellery, then whack on some bracelets and a necklace and you have the perfect day to evening outfit. Because lets face it, going on holidays with kids means the closest you get to a night out is an evening meal in a nice restaurant.

The skirt ticks two trend boxes - neon and maxi. It's so floaty and light which makes it perfect when you want to cover up but also keep cool too. Plus neon is perfect against a tan. It's a bargain at only £12 and comes in black too which I'm eyeing up to get me through this recent heat wave. I toned down the neon with a simple cream long line vest to let the skirt do the talking.

Matalan's shoes selection is seriously amazing, they have loads of leather sandals for an absolute steal, some of which are now down to £10, just perfect for a leather shoes fan like me.

These sandals are great and for only a fiver they are perfect for a budget holiday wardrobe. They're plastic like jelly shoes so great for wearing on the beach and even into the water too. They would also be a great option for a festival as they would be easily wiped. They also come in black too.


Studded jelly sandals £5

I finished off the outfit with some stretchy bracelets and a statement necklace, which is definitely my favourite summer accessory. Of course no summer outfit would be complete without sunglasses, so I picked these gold rimmed ones to compliment the gold jewellery.
 
If you like my outfit you can vote here.
Tx

14 comments:

  1. I can't believe that skirt is Matalan, amazing! Just found your blog, you have a new fan. Love your hair too! xx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, yes it's a great skirt. Love your blog too, can't believe I haven't come across yours before! X

      Delete
  2. Looking fab as always. Oooh this is difficult ... 3 of 'my girls' in a competition and all looking gorgeous. arrrrggghh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Helen. Torn between all three of our girls. Can I just put three votes in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rock and hard place comes to mind Sue!! X

      Delete
  4. You look fab Trea & it was the one I'd most likely wear so you got my vote! I'm not surprised the Girls are all struggling with the choice! Good Luck! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote Andrea, everyone looked great, I would struggle too! X

      Delete
  5. WOW that skirt is amazing! You look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Fiona, just sorry I'm not going on a sun holiday this year as its a bit too see through to wear around home I think! X

      Delete
  6. Love those jelly sandals and such a bargain! You look fab :)

    Emma
    Handbags To Change Bags - Mummy & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they? Perfect for holidays especially around a beach! Thanks! X

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit! Great co-ordinating. x
    thejollyfashionista.blogspot.co.uk
    Now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, yours is great too! You've got a new follower too! X

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.