Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Fast fashion

I've been AWOL for a few days, life's been kinda hectic to say the least. I'm currently on holidays from work and running around after my wee man in that glorious weather has me completely wiped out - his bedtime has quickly become my bedtime too. Never thought I'd say it but I'll be going back to work for a rest!!

The amazing weather has made it pretty easy to get dressed the last few days. Sandals, vest and a shorts/skirt combo has been as complicated as it gets.

The holiday clothes box that has been in hibernation since last May has been raided quite a few times- resulting in a few little gems that I forgot I had.

ASOS top
ASOS shorts
Next wedges

This top was one of the aforementioned gems, it's a simple navy vest top but with a bit of added quirkiness provided by the ribbons. A perfect dress up or dress down item, which is exactly the type of top I like to bring on holidays

H&M skirt
H&M top
Next sandals
Primark belt

This little H&M skirt was another gem. It's nice and bright and goes perfectly with my favourite colour yellow. Even better, it has pockets, I love clothes with pockets, not even sure why, but if I'm undecided on something and then discover it has pockets I can't get to the till fast enough.
 
H&M top
ASOS shorts (same as above, just rolled up)
New Look flip flops

This is a perfect topping up the tan outfit. I often wear this style of vest when out and about in the sun as it's easy to tuck the straps in, to minimise those dreaded tan lines.

I wish the weather would be continue like this all summer as getting dressed for the sun takes so little effort. It's perfect for me as I usually get spoilt with a whole five minutes for dressing and make up before it's *tractor/digger/lorry time!!

*delete as appropriate

Tx


6 comments:

  1. That H&M skirt is simply gorgeous! And I'm just like you, I love everything with pockets!! xx

    http://quirkyengineer.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird isn't it, I can't even put my finger on what it is, I'm just drawn to stuff with pockets! Hopefully the good weather will come back so I can wear it again otherwise it'll be back in the box for next years holiday! X

      Delete
  2. Stunning as always. Is that golden glow courtesy of the sunshine we're having ... or from a bottle, lol? Looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It courtesy of costa del Ireland Helen, hopefully we'll see a few more sunny days before it's all over for another year! Thanks! Xx

      Delete
  3. I hear it's going to last all summer and there's parts of me going "yay" and parts of me thinking "ooh no!" as you can get a little too much of a good thing.

    Anyway, your legs are seriously good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on you - especially the yellow! And never mind your legs - I want your neck and jawline - that sounds weird doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.