Wednesday, 3 July 2013

As predicted........

....I Finally cracked.

I really need to stop reading blogs. Just when I get over my lust for something, a blogger pops up again wearing it, reminding me of all its loveliness and I get the 'get it or regret it' sweats.

Offending item no 1: The Next grey quilted biker jacket. I’ve got a real thing for biker jackets at the minute (being a little late to the biker jacket party), it’s definitely my go to jacket shape and the soft grey is a perfect any season colour. It looks great in winter with dark colours but really comes into it’s own in summer with brights or neon flashes.

It was sold out in my size the last time I was lusting after it, but Joanna from Poppy’s Style reminded me of it again on a recent shopping trip of hers. Size down in this by the way, the sizing is massive. Next have some great stuff at the minute by the way, it's definitley worth a look. I know a lot of people turn their noses up at Next clothes, but i've always thought they've some great pieces.


£55 Next

Offending item no 2: The Zara skort. This time Karen from Mission;style was to blame. If you haven’t already come across Karen you need to check out this chick! She is seriously styling, and we share a scarily (is that a word?) similar taste in fashion, with quite a few duplicate or very similar items in our wardrobes.

£25.99 Zara

 I had been lusting after the Zara skort for quite a few months now (first seen here) and had tried it on a few times in store, but I always ended up passing on it, as with no Foreign holiday this year I knew it was going to get very little wear (check me being all sensible). But when I seen Karen looking amazing the red version I threw caution to the wind and ordered it. I know its been done to death, and if your big on fashion blogs you'll probably be sick looking at it but I've been caught out too many times and can be found frantically searcing ebay up to a year later.

I got the black, as I will hopefully get a bit of wear out of it in the colder months (so probably August then) with tights. I can justify just about anything in black with the whole ‘it’ll work all year round’ thing – works a treat!!

So thanks for helping me break my spending ban ladies - safe to say my husband is not your biggest fan at the minute! ;)

T x

10 comments:

  1. The jacket is beaut though, justified, absolutely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have already worn it twice, but hopefully have no call for it over the next wee while, with the heat wave we are supposedly getting! Get that bikini out Sera!!

      Delete
  2. Ha, that last sentence made me laugh! You were absolutely right to get the jacket. It's a beauty and I know it will look stunning on you ... in fact, how great will it look with all your yellow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exact thoughts Helen, love grey and yellow!! I know I'd only be regretting it again, I've done that far too many times in the past. Hubs doesn't get it! X

      Delete
  3. YES!!! I can't wait to see them on you!!! I haven't been able to knock out any blog posts whilst I've been away however, this weekend expect a wave of holiday outfits!!

    Thank you for such an amazing intro too, it has to be said we are style sisters!!!

    Much love X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Karen, it's all true! Can't wait for a nosey at outfit pics, even if I am consumed with jealousy!!

      Right back at ya! X

      Delete
  4. Oops sorry:). You will get lots of wear from it though! I fell in love with it immediately. I have the skort too in black and in white - super comfortable and flattering - you can't go wrong. Sorry Mr TnP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had completely forgot about it , but very glad u reminded me!! Yes that's right u have the skorts too, I just can't escape them hence the need to buy. You will probably get a lot more wear out of yours though, but apparently we've some great weather comin up so they better hurry up and arrive! Hope ur enjoys the holiday! Xx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic buys - can't wait to see you wearing them. I'd love the Next jacket but I think at least three of us have it now? Might have to go find something a little bit different! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grey jacket and nearly caved when I saw it on Joanna. This is obviously the new FBU jacket. My white jacquard one being the first FBU jacket with Kat, Joanna and myself all having it. But if it's a good jacket, what's a girl to do but order it (I might cave yet).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.