Tuesday, 4 June 2013

The shoe round up

I had a bit of a mammoth shoe buying frenzy in the last week - eight pairs were bought in total!! I know, I know but I'm not buying clothes this month. Four are definitely staying, two are definitely going back, and two are undecided as yet. I know this seem like a lot of shoes but all my shoe needs (wants) are now met and I'm buying no more shoes for a good few months (I think!).

First up the shoes going back;

I was undecided on the white River Island boots, and they are also a little big on me anyway. I forgot I'd be wearing these with no socks so should have sized down really. But my new rule is if I don't love something straight away back it goes, so I'm sticking to that.

The black pointed pumps from Linzi are gorgeous, but they are tiny, and I know the next size up would probably be massive so back they go. 

On to the Zara knock offs, now I really like them and they are a pretty good copy but they are massive! You can see above how they are gaping at the back and sides. I'm sending them back and am going to hope the next size down does the trick, as I just love this style of shoe. 

Now the keepers; 
 
The Zara beauties are just as beautiful in real life, they're a perfect fit and really comfy, so they are definitely staying. They're not online in nude anymore but you can still get them in a gorgeous emerald green and electric blue.
 
The only Linzi ones I'm definitely keeping are another pair of Zara copies, these ones are in store at the mo. I love them and they quality is very good, and they're nearly half the price of the Zara ones- is that the definition of thrifty? Maybe not but it'll do me! They are very very high, but are still comfortable though.  

After talking in my last post about how I mostly wear the same tan sandals throughout the summer, I decided to hoke them out in preparation, and lo and behold I've only gone and lost one of them. I've searched high and low but to no avail. So I snapped up these Next ones during the week as they were nearly exactly the same as my old ones, and while I would love a pair of Sam Eldeman Gigi's, I think these are the next best thing. They are 100% leather and for £18 you can't go wrong, and I know they will last me a good few summers.

The leopard print pumps I had completely forgot about until they landed. I had ordered some stuff online for the wee man and thanks to H&M taking weeks to deliver the order I got a nice wee surprise when I pulled these out of the bag. They were only £7.99 and I have been meaning to get some pumps like this for a life time. There are tons of other colours in these too.

Looking at the photos I realise there's a bit of a theme here - nearly all the shoes are nude, tan or black which  are definitely my go to shoe colours and I'm sure there's hardly an outfit they won't go with so I know these will all get plenty of wear. 
 
Primark waterfall jacket
Tom Tailor T-shirt
Zara Jeans
Next sandals
The tan sandals got their first outing on Friday, once I came home from work. Nothing exciting just comfy and casual to run a few errands.
 
Next suede top
Zara jeans
H&M pumps
Michael Kors Rose gold watch
The H&M pumps were up next on Saturday. I found this Next suede top while delving into the depths of my wardrobe, tags and all on. I bought it when I was pregnant so it's at least two years old and only getting its first outing.
 
I have vowed to buy very little over the summer, I have so much unworn stuff still waiting to see the light of day so I'm going to try and shop my wardrobe instead of the High St!
 
Is anyone else like me and hoard stuff then forget about it??
 
Tx

17 comments:

  1. Lovely couple of outfits Trea & I totally agree with the keepers! Shame about the pointed pumps though as they are gorgeous! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are aren't they Andrea, really remind me of louboutins, but back they go I'm afraid! X

      Delete
  2. Some fabulous shoes there. I love the Next ones - super value too! May have to snaffle a pair of those myself . Love the watch too. A Michael Kors rose gold watch is on my birthday list for next month - heres hoping! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are such a bargain for leather. I'm still in love with the watch 2.5 years later, I get so many comments on it and mostly from men which is a bit weird, hope u get ur wish next month! X

      Delete
  3. Loving the new shoes - will be watching with interest to see how you get on with the smaller size in the sandals. The black strappy ones you're keeping are really gorgeous on. Tried the real ones on in Zara when we were in France and I just couldn't walk in them. They were just about a CM too high. Such a shame. Yours look about a CM lower though. Let me know how you get on with them on a night out.
    Health to wear the lot Trea, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are guide high Avril, but because they're so stroppy there is actually good support for the feet, I probably couldn't do that high with open toed ones. Hoping the next size down will do in the other ones as I really do love them! X

      Delete
  4. Love the Next sandals! Still like the look of the RI boots - I might try them when I'm back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely just not sure how much I would wear them, but the quality is great look very expensive. Def try them for £25 they are a bargain Joanna! X

      Delete
  5. I actually really like the look of the RI boots - it's probably to do with the lighter colour making a nice change from the sea of black and tan boots. The ASOS sandals look like they had real potential and it's a shame they come up so big - they would have been really useful. I love the look of the black Linzi Zara copies - they look really good on. I never think of buying anything like that - too dramatic for me and my clothes but I see these working well in your wardrobe - you do dress up really good. I need to take some lessons from you.

    And like you I seem to be on a shoe bender at the mo - I'm hankering after the Whistles Cassini in navy suede. Big LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice Sue, but I'm being ruthless and can't keep them all. I hope the smaller sandal do the job as I love them and know ill get a lot of wear out of them. They look great with boyfriends and a t too Sue so you could totally pull them off!! I'm going to check out those whistles ones, navy and suede sound good to me! X

      Delete
  6. Ha ha I had to laugh at how many pairs you bought but I think I agree with your decisions. Some great shoes there and I shall be taking a look at those tan sandals, I have wanted a tan pair for ages, I had my eye on a pair of Rupert Sandersons a few years back but never found them in the sale sadly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sharron, I did go a bit mad this month! The next sandals are great I still can't get over the price, thinking about picking them up in navy too as navy is so hard to find most of the time. X

      Delete
  7. God knows how many times I've paged up and down just to stare at your picks. I love all your choices! River Island??! Really? Obviously I haven't looked hard enough. As for those black gladiator like heels. They're simply out of this world gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Marlene I was pleasantly surprised myself, but RI do have some great shoes. I'm in love with the black sandals, can't wait to get wearing them, missed the boat with a tan pair like these in Zara so I'm chuffed to get these! X

      Delete
  8. Oh I hope those Zara look-a-likes work in a smaller size because they are simply gorgeous! Actually, all your picks are fab ... with the possible exception of the RI boots! But then I hated the Chloe Susanna ones as well, so what do I know?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying they do Helen, as they will get loads of wear! I still really like the RI boots, but just couldn't justify all the shoes so had to be ruthless, but I could see me picking them up again in a smaller size if I see them again! We can't all love everything I suppose! X

      Delete
  9. Oh I had completely forgotten about those Next sandals! I think I blogged about the animal pair yonks ago when it was cold and was probably on a ban! Are they really comfy? x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.