Wednesday, 12 June 2013

So excited and it's not even Friday

I love Isabel Marant and I love H&M, so what could be better than Isabel Maranta and H&M, well Isabel Marant for H&M of course!! That's right, Isabel Marant is the latest designer to team up with H&M to design a collection. Previous designer collaborations have included the likes of Stella McCartney, Lanvin, Jimmy Choo and Masion Martin Margiela.

I have never actually snagged any pieces from these collaborations before. They usually sell out within minutes online, but I sure as hell will be getting myself down to a H&M store for the unveiling of the Isabel Marant AW 2013 collection on the 14th November. 

So for those of you who don't know who Isabel Marant is, she's the genius behind the wedge trainer that inspired many a high street pair, and the Aztec patterned pieces doing the rounds at the minute? yep that was her too. Isabel Marant's signature look is a mix of Parisian/urban/casual chic with a bit of boho thrown in for good measure. 

I particularly love her jackets, they could be embellished, quilted or fringed but they all bring to mind that effortless casual style a of Parisan lady or an off duty model. Miranda Kerr is a big advocate of Isabel Marant style and is frequently papped in Marant's pieces. And who wouldn't want to look like Miranda Kerr eh?!  


Some of the pieces Isabel Marant is famed for.

Oh and she's not limiting it to women's clothes, she's doing a men's collection also, which is a first for her. So I'm hoping to pick up something stylish for the hubs, not that he will care either way but it will make me happy! 

Anyone else as excited as me?! 

Tx 


12 comments:

  1. Ok so that date is now in my diary! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, can't believe it's so far away though,there will be some excitement built up by then!

      Delete
  2. Yes and no. I really like her clothes, don't like the price points and though this is one way to buy in to the whole thing, I really hope it's going to be well done. I don't have anything and though a couple of pieces have been in reach just recently with the sales coming on, I've found myself holding back. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. But it's still a lovely look. And I don't doubt when the time comes and we are fed snippets of the new collections, I will be chomping at the bit just like the rest of the fashion nation. I have to admit - I'd still like a pair of Dicker boots. Somehow, they are just so right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are definitely on the pricier side Sue, and while I like her stuff I would never pay those prices except maybe on sale. Yeah I love the dicker boots, they have such a perfect profile. Can't believe we have to wait to November though!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Sue above - love the clothes, hate the price so I'm hoping that this collaboration will be one that suits me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine you will love it Fiona, and there has to be some gorgeous jackets in there!

      Delete
  4. I didn't get the IM thing until I saw the whole range in Paris, I'm not sure the best bits even make it here. I thought for a thrilling second that your items WERE the H&M collection, but I won't be waiting outside at 6am then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish!! Love the parisian style, I could believe that not everthing filters through to the uk as a lot of it seems to be very Parisian, and perhaps a bit too different to typical uk style.

      Delete
  5. ME ME ME!!!! *jumping up and down*.... Are you going to a store or going for the online? I've never snagged anything from a collaboration either and reaaaally want some of this action! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried before online and it was such a waste of time Karen, so I'm going to take the day off and head to a store. I'm hoping that it won't be such a big thing in NI as a lot of people don't know who she is here, so it won't be total chaos!

      Delete
  6. My first thought when I saw this was Susie So So!! But I'm not sure that I'll be queuing at the door of H&M, as much as I love wedge trainers! I still remain unconvinced about the supposed genius of Isabel Marant .. but maybe this collaboration will prove me wrong, and I'll be raging that I didn't bother when I see all your great purchases!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.