Sunday, 30 June 2013

Lazy fashion

It's no secret I love a stripe!

If I'm stuck for time or am feeling uninspired, it's usually stripes I reach for first.

On Friday I had a day off work to  get organised for my little boys 2nd Birthday, so loads of baking called for something easy and comfy.

Boden top
Zara Boyfriend jeans
Primark belt
Oasis pumps

This is definitely my 'mummy uniform' - striped top, boyfriends/skinnies and pumps or converse. Which I also featured last Saturday. Perfect for a day in the house when you still want to feel dressed and put together, but don't want to spend ages thinking of what to wear.


Dunnes top
H&M skirt
Zara shoes
H&M bracelets 
Michael Kors watch 

This was yesterday's outfit for the party. Stripes featured heavily once again. I wanted to feel dressed up but comfy enough to be running around, like all mothers inevitably have to do at parties. This H&M skirt was perfect. I've raved before about H&M stretchy skirts before. I have a few of them but this is only long one I own. I definitely want a few more long ones though, they are soooo comfy- seriously they are the next thing to trackie bottoms, plus they are long enough to picking up small people without any cheekage leakage. They are just a few quid, the short ones are £3.99- cheaper than some magazines, so well worth it. Link here to shorter ones, there are no long ones on the website, but they are always in store in the basics section. 

I'm not sure if everyone knows but google reader is closing tomorrow. I never used it, favouring Bloglovin over it, which is very simple and user friendly. Here's a link where you can import the blogs you follow from google reader to Bloglovin easily. 

I'm off to hoover up the last remaining slice of Fridays baking efforts- chocolate cake and gluten free don't usually go hand in hand, so I rarely get to indulge unless I make it myself of course! 

Tx










15 comments:

  1. Fabulous cake! Wow! And loving both outfits...you can't beat stripes...so classic. Loving the term cheekage leakage!!! Haha. Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took my inspiration from you Avril! Stripes are the best, and wardrobe malfunctions can happen very easy when your running around after an energetic 2yo! X

      Delete
  2. Check out your cake! Clever!
    I LOVE both your outfits too - but then I'm a total sucker for stripes!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us are stripe lovers Fiona, and rightly so!! The cake looks fancier than it actually was, but it done the trick.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic cake - wow. And how chic do you look as Mummy of the Birthday Boy? Great outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, and thanks for the birthday wishes on Saturday, we had an amazing day! Comfort is alway key for me Helen! X

      Delete
  4. Check that cake out, top work!!

    I share your love for the H&M stretchy skirts too, I love this one!!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I right in thinking you had one of the short ones on the other day in your holiday snaps Karen?! They are great little versatile skirts for next to nothing aren't they?x

      Delete
  5. A talented lady - this cake is amazing! And of course as a fellow stripe and pencil skirt lover, I'm off to H&M to have a look (?!) at their collection of skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely skirt and great cake xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, those skirts are great for the money, everyone needs at least one in their wardrobe! X

      Delete
  7. I just followed Karen G's link to your page and imagine my surprise when I see that I'm wearing practically the same outfit as you (the striped tee n jeans look!) right now! Lovely blog! Starting to follow you right now! xx

    --http://quirkyengineer.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hard to beat isn't it? It's definitely my lazy look! Thanks for poppin over, Karen G's a sweetheart isn't she! X

      Delete
  8. That cake looks A-MAZ-ING!
    2 slices please
    xx

    http://www.adayinmywheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u, but I think it looked better than it tasted! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.