Thursday, 6 June 2013

Doing my best man impression........

So this week I was mistaken for a man. 

Now granted the old man who said it was probably close to 90, so maybe his eyesight wasn't the best - at least I hope that's what it was! But yes I do generally dress like a man during the week, jeans and a t-shirt are as good as it gets for me since I've left the comforts of the office recently, but hey at least I get to enjoy that weather in all it's glory and work on my farmers tan! This week we are having thee most amazing weather- seriously it's about 20 degrees every day and no rain in at least a week. This is extremely rare in Northern Ireland and needs to be fully embraced as this usually ends up being our entire 'summer'.

Back in the day when I first graduated I was on site for a good few years and this is probably when my love for fashion really took off, I was so god damn scruffy all week that by the time the weekends came I was fully ready for a weekend of dressing up and embracing my girly side. 

If you seen me in my site gear you would never believe I did a bit of fashion blogging on the side and likewise when people see me dressed up they never believe I'm an Engineer. I think it's strange that we seem to pigeon hole people based on how they look, but I suppose that's just human nature. 

So enough of my rambling, I have a neon based outfit to share from Sundays visit to Ikea (I'm a total storage junkie) and not much else really, as this week has mostly been spent in man's clothes (see above) workout gear or as little as possible to keep cool without being indecent and frightening the neighbours with my white legs.

H&M jacket
Zara jeans
H&M pumps 

I'm wearing my Boden breton top that I got while Avril from School Gate Style was having her Boden party. It's my first ever purchase from Boden as I always thought it was a bit too 'mumsy' for me, but I have to say the quality is fab, it's now down to £18.75 and there are loads of other colours. I will definitely be going back for some staple items in the future like trousers or knitwear. 

The jacket was a total bargain from H&M at only a tenner, the jeans are Zara again, I've been living in both my Zara boyfriend pairs recently and would far rather have them over skinnies now.  The H&M pumps as shown in my last post were another bargain at £7.99, they have a lovely shape to the toe being ever so slightly pointed, which I definitely favour in pumps. 

The panic is now on as what to wear over the weekend, it's going to be hot and I hate tan lines, so it's going to be a challenge to say the least!




                                                                                     Tx 


12 comments:

  1. Love the Breton! I keep eying it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it! I've just got a £10 off voucher from Boden in the post for placing my first order, so for just over £8 I'm definitely getting another one Joanna!

      Delete
  2. I saw that jacket whilst I was browsing online and thought what a bargain and you look lovely in it. I toyed with the idea of getting it but didn't in the end because I'm not that good at wearing jackets actually. I'm trying though.

    And nothing wrong with dressing like a man ... I do it all the time. Besides it's damned comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite casual too though Sue, as it's like a bomber jacket at the back, you would rock it with your bf's and a simple T. You can do it without looking like a man though, me on the other hand.........

      Delete
  3. oooh is the jacket current? I love it!
    I love it that you look nothing like a welder, yet I don't know any so I guess you do have a fighting chance of looking like one?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it a few wks ago in the sale section in te website (which I didn't even realise exists) but I don't see it anymore, but your on a shopping ban anyway so it's probably a blessing lol! I like to think I look the the girl from flash dance but the old man soon put a stop to that notion!!

      Delete
  4. I too LOVE that jacket - is it in stock at the moment? Can't believe that anyone would mistake you for a man ... that's hilarious. Hope you enjoy the sunshine this weekend - it's the back garden for me; shorts, suntop, shades and fingers crossed that the neighbours don't catch a glimpse of me, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not online anymore Helen but you might still pick it up in store. I am LOVING the weather, I'm pretty much the same as you although got a bit burnt on my shoulders yesterday so its a legs day today! This sun would be brill for your psoriasis I'm assuming?!

      Delete
  5. Neon items are filling my wardrobe! Your jacket is beautiful and a bargain!
    I also got my £10 voucher and bought a pocket breton in white with citrus - wearing now with my denim shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving neon at the minute too, and it's especially nice in this weather. The £10 voucher was a lovely touch I'm considering buying a stripey dress like yours too.

      Delete
  6. Ah bless you Trea!! Poor old man would probably keel over if he knew! You always look lovely & the yellow breton is divine! Pumps are super cute too! :) Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this whole look... I was thinking of a very similar (drastically/sadly) less colour though, for lunch tomorrow!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.