Monday, 20 May 2013

What a weekend, and an ebay bargain

Where do I start, this weekend was hectic, it featured a family day out, a spa break, a birthday party and a christening - safe to say I'm shattered! We headed to the Balmoral show on Friday, which was heaven on earth for my tractor/animal obsessed little boy. Then it was off for a little pamper session for mummy and daddy. We went to our favourite spot in the North of Ireland,  Galgorm Resort and Spa just outside Ballymena. Galgorm holds special memories for us as we had our wedding reception there but aside from that it has a bloody amazing spa. It also helped that Friday was a great day weather wise so it was almost like being on holidays- lying by the outdoor pool (albeit wrapped up in a dressing gown) chilling with a magazine and listening to the river gush past, it was bliss. If you are anywhere near it or even in the south of Ireland it's definitely worth a visit.

View from our room
Onto outfits, I had been eyeing up these Zara jeans for a while and true to form once I decided I definitely wanted them they were sold out in my size ( I have to stop doing that!). So the only other option was eBay, and I couldn't believe my luck when I got the exact jeans in my size, tags still intact at half the price they were in store. Now that's what I call a bargain!  They featured twice over the weekend, while I attempted a bit of smart packing for once. 





H&M jacket
Zara scarf
Zara jeans
Dunnes pumps


H&M jumper
Zara jeans
Zara boots
They are quite a strange fit though, with a really long crotch so I have them pulled up quite high but they are really comfy as they are so slouchy and I really love the colour and distressing. Really pleased with my ebay bargain.

Got a couple more outfits to show but crazy busy at the mo' so will be show them in my next post!



12 comments:

  1. I love these jeans, are they boyfriend jeans? I have to confess I don't really get the boyfriend jean thing, most people wearing them look worse than in regular jeans so why bother? But these are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were called baggy on the website but they are only baggy round the bum and crotch, the legs are actually quite fitted. They definitely are a different shape to most jeans, but different good!

      Delete
  2. Jeans look fab and you can wear colour so well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, I think having dark hair helps though!

      Delete
  3. Looking great and I'm v envious of your pamper break...love Galgorm!
    Jeans are great - lovely slim leg and a good length. Enjoy wearing - you know how much I love a bargain too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great spot Avril! Yes the leg is very slim indeed they are just about wide enough for me and I have skinny enough legs so they may not be great for everyone.

      Delete
  4. Ooh great bargain. I have tried on just about every single pair of jeans in Zara just recently and none have been quite right for me. You are so lucky to have scored this pair and the previous ones. The thing is ... I don't even need another pair but for me there is something about the eternal search for a pair of good jeans (whatever style that might be).

    Really liking how your hair is growing out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sue, that rarely happens me I usually end up paying over the odds for things on ebay. I'm really liking Zara jeans have 4 pairs now and they are great quality for the price, their jeans are actually quite cheap I think. I'm always on that hunt too, these are my perfect colour, would love them in skinnies too though.

      Hair is coming down rightly!!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you managed to squeeze all of that into a weekend! Amazing! Love the yellow outfit...the scarf is lush! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit mental alright Andrea! I love the scarf as it so bright, and goes with so many other colours. x

      Delete
  6. Love, love, love that mint coloured H&M jumper in your second pic. Is that a current buy or something you've had for a while? I want it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought it a good few weeks ago Helen, but it's still in stores, heres the link although the mint has limited sizes though. There are loads of different colours though. x

    http://www.hm.com/gb/product/06104?article=06104-C#article=06104-C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.