Tuesday, 7 May 2013

The best laid plans

We had a busy bank holiday weekend planned but the wee man took sick on Saturday afternoon so most of our weekend plans were put on the back burner. So mostly casual looks for me this weekend, which consisted mostly of cuddles on the sofa and never being more than about 2m away from the little man in question.
H&M cardi (years old)
Topshop T-shirt
Zara jeans
Converse
I have been living in these Zara jeans since I've got them, they are so comfy and seem to go with everything. Eagle-eyed Fiona spotted the yellow belt when I posted this look on Avenue 57 , I couldn't go cold turkey on yellow, so I had to have a little hint of it thrown in to liven things up. I don't usually wear belts with jeans but this was function over fashion as these jeans have become a little big on me the past few weeks.

I have been trying to 'eat clean' recently although I use that term loosely. It's where you avoid processed and refined foods and concentrate on whole foods and fruit and vegetables, and eliminate refined sugar and it seems to be doing me good. I have a gluten intolerance/allergy (currently in the process of coealic disease diagnosis) and am also sensitive to dairy products so I have to watch what I eat anyway, so this isn't really that different to my normal diet, I'm just eating a lot more fruit and vegetables than I usually would. There are so many websites dedicated to this if anyone is interested in looking into it more.


Primark hoody
Exhibit Tshirt
Matalan skirt
Converse
Another very casual outfit for shopping yesterday and the nice weather meant I could get the legs out (well a quarter of them anyway) and I didn't actually wear the hoody much, so long may that continue! I love outfits like this one as they are super comfy but something a little different than the standard top and skinny jeans uniform that so many of us sport. If you've been reading any length of time you many have worked out I'm all about the comfort - I hate wearing things I feel restricted in and comfort usually wins over fashion for me. I could easily dress in heels and skirts everyday but I know I would end up feeling miserable as I'd feel uncomfy and awkward. I'd rather wear the clothes rather than them wearing me, if you know what I mean. That's really where the challenge lies for a lot of us mums who don't want to dress frumpy, we need to strike a balance between fashion and functionality.

Are you like me, is it function over fashion for you or do you wear what you want and just suffer the consequences?

12 comments:

  1. You look lovely in both outfits - I think it's because they suit you and you're obviously comfy in both. That comes through in the photos. I usually dress in the morning thinking of fashion and invariably, life takes over and the heels get changed for flats, the necklace is whipped off as it's getting in the way and the whole outfit can end up being much more functional by the end of the day! Axx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have a day at home or out shopping I just dress in the morning how I know i'll end up now Avril, cos I know the heels won't stay on long and the bracelets and/or necklace will just annoy me, so I avoid having to bring flats etc with me. I just would rather be comfortable!

      Delete
  2. I love your looks - comfy and stylish! I NEED to get to Zara and look for new jeans - keep seeing posts about them and they always look fab! And love that Converse work with everything:) But most of all, I love your skirt, looks great on you and love with a casual t-shirt. Would like to raid your wardrobe;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara agre great for jeans Rosanna as they aren't cut as long as most other places. Converse are amazing when I'm stuck for a shoe they always seem to fit the bill- u def need to get some!!

      Delete
  3. Really cute - and Avril is right on the money. I don't need to write anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iva - it must be a mummy thing then!!

      Delete
  4. You are totally on the mark with the sugar thing, once that is gone being healthy/clean is easy. It is sooo addictive though. Weirdly I have found that exercise kills my sugar craving (and red wine, but that's not as virtuous)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely craved sweet things until I became pregnant, I was never really fussed on chocolate either but since that I've become obsessed with it,and I hate tea without sugar but I've switched to green tea since. Your right it's totaly addictive but I always need some kind of little project to occupy me so this is my latest thing! lol

      Delete
  5. You look gorgeous - love the Matalan skirt - Matalan is a revelation can't wait to get back in there. Your hair looks amazing - LOVE the ombre...pretty lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Joanna, yeah I was plesantly surpised as I hadn't been there in years but theres still a lot of crap there too, you have to be very selective. Was thinking of dying it all back brown but have had some nice compliments recently on it so I'm undecided now! x

      Delete
  6. I love that belt - I need a belt like this - yellow and grey together are just gorgeous (so is yellow and navy!)

    I love your style - totally and utterly love it!

    I dress for function but with fashion in mind .. my biggest issue is walking around London which I've been doing a lot of lately - the old footwear situation really bugs me and I won't wear trainers to power walk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first look; it looks so super comfy, casual yet smart. Sorry to hear the 'wee man' has been unwell. Hope he's fully recovered at this stage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.