Thursday, 23 May 2013

Printed trews and white jacket love

I featured a couple of outfits from my busy weekend in my last post here, so as promised here are the other couple. Printed trews featured heavily. I can't get enough of them, they're great as they are just as smart as a skirt or a dress but you don't have to faff about putting on tan so they are an easy (lazy!) option.

Savida navy top
Zara trousers
Barratts navy wedges
 These are the Zara trousers I picked up in the January sales for a tenner, they look and feel like pyjamas but I love them. Sorry for the rather cap iPad photo, hubs locked the camera in the room safe, then forgot the code (not his finest moment!) but the close up shows the pattern a bit better.


Zara jacket
Savida navy top
Next trousers
Barratts navy wedges
Michael Kors rose gold watch
Sundays outfit for our nephew's christening was based around another pair of sale trousers, £16 in the next sale if I remember correctly, although they do seem to be back up to £35 now. There's a jacket and dress in this print also, I would love them too but that would probably be slight overkill.

I had a dusty pink blouse and nude shoes on with this then five minutes before I left the house I decided I didn't like it, so I have on the same top (thank god I had done my washing as soon as I got home for once) and the same shoes as Friday nights outfit. The trousers are quite in your face so the navy was far better and just toned everything down a bit. This is what happens when you plan outfits in your head instead of actually trying things on, but it worked out ok in the end.


I threw on my new Zara jacket too, as you never know what the weather will do here. It's now sold out but there is another one very similar on the website at the minute, it also comes in yellow, which I've had to stop myself from buying (hate being sensible!).I also really like the white biker one below too.  A white jacket is a great wardrobe staple I think, as it goes with everything and is a better option for the summer as black can be a bit dull. This jacket is amazing quality, as are most Zara jackets, but I do hear a lot of complaints regarding their sizing, a lot of women think the arms are very tight so probably better to size up on them.


Zara £49.99

Zara £59.99
Does anyone else plan outfits in their head like me when they are pushed for time? And if so do they always work out?

T x

24 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean,I do now try to have a bit of a trying on session before, but sometimes, havn't got round to it, like you say plan in your head, then have a last minute wobbly about the look.....and then just Panic!! At least you had done your washing....mine would prob still be in the bottom of the linen basket!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a rare occurence, it would usually still be lying in the basket!Most of the time they work out ok in my head but you can't beat a trying on session to be sure!

      Delete
  2. That's why I do so many returns. I buy something partly because I have an idea of how I will wear it and then find it doesn't look how I want and then I end up having to return because it also goes with nothing else in my wardrobe. But the white jacket looks great - it's amazing how they lift an outfit isn't it? I never realised how good they were till i got mine. And good you went with the navy to balance and tone down the look - besides the navy makes the whole outfit look a lot sharper than what a nude tone would.

    And you do well with your printed trousers. I picked up a pair in the New Year Zara sale and have still to venture out in them - I'm blaming it on the pants weather we're having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I tend to do a lot of returns too Sue, then usually end up spending more! White jackets are great aren't they, I kind of wish I had got your one though as mine is quite formal and is a bit too OTT for everyday, where as yours is a bit more casual but can be dressed up too.

      I've been very lucky with printed trousers indeed, picked up a primark pair at the weekend too for a tenner!

      Delete
  3. You wear printed trousers so well!

    www.theagoraphobicfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sera, but they are really easy to wear I think!

      Delete
  4. you do wear the trousers so well - I just fear I'd look like I had my PJ's on :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you on about Fiona, u look great in printed trews!!

      Delete
  5. I love those Zara trousers & they look fab on you! You do wear printed ones so well & the 2nd outfit was perfect! I have hardly any Navy & need to get some! It was my school uniform colour & so I'm a little scarred by it! :) Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love navy Andrea, probably have more navy than black I'm sure, I'm always on the hunt for navy shoes too as they are so hard to find, it's a lot easier to wear than black I think as it's not as harsh.

      Delete
  6. Can't believe you paid a tenner for those trousers what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love printed trousers - they look so chic :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely my favourite trend at the minute, and there are so many ways to wear them so they are so versatile!

      Delete
  8. Love the navy wedges and those Next trousers are FABULOUS! That pattern is right up my street. I tried on the second Zara jacket you linked to, when we were in France and loved it but hubby hated it. Sometimes I hate shopping with him! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wait to get wearing them Avril, I could totally see you in them too! Love that second jacket as it's a bit more casual so would probably get more wear out of it, mine is very formal. I never ask hubs opinion, he said to me the other day my trousers were very tight- I was like eh they are leggings they're not really supposed to be baggy! Men!

      Delete
  9. I am always planning outfits in my head... I need to line at least 3 up for this coming week!

    I love both pairs of patterned pants!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happens to me all the time! In my head I think an outfit will be great but in reality, there is panic stations as I try to find something else to wear. Love your white jacket and agree that they are a great summer staple. Especially in our weather .. pah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Next trousers are my fav! I always plan an outfit in my head first (extra 5mins in bed!!) but unfortunately it doesn't always work:) White Zara jacket best buy (except for the 'Dry Clean only' label).

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog! would you like to do a follow for follow? my blog is http://rainingfashionxo.blogspot.co.uk/ :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes deffo Ella, I use Bloglovin so will look you up on that! X

      Delete
  13. I have the white biker jacket - it's lovely and light for summer! Love your patterned trousers - a girl after my own heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so much more than i needed!!! but will all come in use thanks!!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: Beijing travel guide | Guilin Attractions | Guilin Sightseeing

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best place to study mandarin online is in China. However, we understand that it isn't always possible to move here to study Chinese language. The next best thing is to study with our experienced teachers in a virtual classroom. Online students enjoy the same excellent way of mandarin online lesson and custom designed courseware that we provide for our face to face clients.



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.