Thursday, 2 May 2013

Bargain boots and an apology

Ok, so I have to start by apologising, this is my third yellow based outfit in a row. I'm slightly obsessed with yellow at the minute but I promise this is the last yellow outfit for a while! ( I think!)


I bought the scarf in TK Maxx a few weeks back, they have some amazing scarves in there by the way, and it became the basis of the whole outfit. I often do this- I pick something I really want to wear and build the whole outfit around it. I had a H&M blouse the same taupe colour so it was a no brainer, I love the little studded detail on the shoulders and the fact that the sleeves and back are actually jersey so its a little bit different.

Topshop blazer
H&M blouse
TK Maxx scarf
Zara jeans
F&F wedge boots
The taupe wedge boots are from F&F at Tesco, I have them in black too and they are probably the best two pairs of shoes I've ever bought for the price. The black ones get worn at least three times a week to work and are still going strong after over three years, for £15 that's what I call getting your moneys worth. Yet another yellow jacket featured, this time a more traditional blazer style. I'm also wearing my new Zara jeans, these are described as skinny jeans on the Zara website, but the actual label on them said slim. I would call them a slim boyfriend style. They are nice and fitted on the crotch and bum area, they're a great colour and seem to go with everything, so my kind of jean all round.

So no more yellow from me for a while, I've already hid my yellow stuff at the back of the wardrobe to stop it tempting me!!

15 comments:

  1. I was going to say - that's my kind of scarf - it will have to be a hunt it down at TK Maxx if I want something similar or the same.

    Love the jeans - they're very flattering. I'm enjoying my H&M boyfriend ones at the moment but I have to say when I take a photo of me in them, they don't look that good. For once, I hope the camera really does lie.

    And you'll never guess what - I've not worn any yellow since my yellow favourite post. Talk about jinxing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I could totally see you in that scarf too Sue. I have the H&M BF ones too and I definitely like these ones better, I didnt realise they were so similar as the Zara ones were described as skinny on the website but I couldnt bear to send them back.

      I think I'm wearing enough yellow for the both of us!!

      Delete
  2. oh are the boots current? I love them and need some more grey ones because I wear mine a lot and I know they are going to wear out (cheap £11 from Peacocks)

    You can never wear enough yellow, not when it is done SO well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Fiona they are years old, wish I had bough two pairs at the time! I'm still eying up those peacock ones like yours too, but I'll probably wait to they are sold out knowing me.

      Delete
  3. Really love that jacket with the scarf - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, your a jeans and jacket fan like me too I see!

      Delete
  4. NEVER apologize for wearing yellow. More people should try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Iva, it's a surprisingly falttering colour, and I'm sure there's a shade for everyone.

      Delete
  5. Well, you know I'm gonna LOVE this! Yellow totally rocks and I adore the scarf. Didn't see it in Boucher the other day.....didn't look hard enough obviously!! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it in the Abbey Centre one, wee sneaky lunchtime purchase. They have some great scarves in there I could have bough ten!! It has reignited my love for TK Maxx, I love the challenge of a good rummage!

      Delete
  6. Canary yellow is pretty good on most people, this shade of yellow is a more tricky one, it is kind of super bright and quite pale at the same time, what would you describe it as? Looks great with the light blue jeans though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wrote the other day about how yellow is such a hard color for me. I love it though and have been lured in by all of the great yellow shoes being sold. Such a happy color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't apologise for the yellow. It looks great and I'm totally in love with your scarf. TK Maxx, here I come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I am desperate for some boots, I will check these out! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the jeans fit on you. The entire outfit rocks! Mine are from Zara and they fit way better than some of my fancy schmancy ones from the US. I'm with you about yellow except they look ghastly on me. I guess the only yellow I can wear would have to be shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.