Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Spring stripes

I've always been a big lover of stripes, and a Breton stripe top is my go to top when I'm not really feeling particularly enamoured with my wardrobe. I've only just realised that my striped tops are the first thing hanging in my wardrobe, which was done without any great thought but perhaps was a sub conscious thing as it's what I grab first usually.

My striped tops and skirts

Stripes are a great wardrobe staple, and I think everyone should have at least one striped top, they're so easy to throw on and go with nearly everything. They look as good with casual jeans as they do with a fancy skirts รก la Blair from Atlantic Pacific. Olivia Palermo frequently rocks striped tops, both dressed down with denim and on nights out.


The weather at the minute is so depressing, for some random reason I can remember Good Friday last year and I was wearing a sleeveless top, chinos and wedge sandals - the very thought of it at the minute is giving me shivers!! My wardrobe is patiently waiting for spring having started stocking up shortly after Christmas, but it looks like it will be a while yet before most of it will see the light of day. So being totally pissed off with dark winter stuff and piling on the layers I've reverted back to my old faithful stripes recently.

Not patriotic in the least but this was what I wore on St Patrick's Day. I love mixing up colours that you usually wouldn't put together, I love cobalt blue and leopard print so decided to try it with plain tan and stripes, and while I'm sure not everyone will like this colour combo, I think it's a nice change.


Next Blazer
Gap jumper
Topshop baxter white skinnies
Moda in Pelle boots
I got this shirt a few weeks back from Sheinside, and I've just realised its nearly an exact copy of a Zara one which I never noticed on the website, it's a bit short on the arms on me though so I may replace it with the Zara one as I've got loads of wear out of it already but it just never feels quite right on my arms.


Sheinside blouse
H&M skinny trousers
ASOS wedge boots

Zara shirt £22.99

This is one of my favourite looks at the minute, boyfriend jeans and a slouchy jumper, although I have to admit I was totally frozen in the heels, (been reading to many American blogs recently) but sometime we have to suffer for fashion don't we?!


Next jumper
H&M boyfriend jeans
ASOS scala shoes
 
What's your thoughts on striped top, are you a lover like me??





20 comments:

  1. Love all those looks Trea, especially the last one! I love stripes but they don't really love me for some reason. I have one navy/white top that I do wear now and again but any others I've bought have just not done it for me. In fact, I have one going back to Mango tomorrow! Hope you're enjoying the few days off work, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Avril, that's strange, come to think of it I haven't seen you in stripes much at all. I would die without stripes (ok perhaps a bit over dramatic but you know what I mean lol!) I love the last one too just wish the weather was better and we could show a bit more foot!

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous Trea - I love stripes but always feel they accentuate my lumps and bumps...I love the last look with the nude pumps - I'd wear pumps more often if I didn't get cold feet!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, the last one is my favourite too, I'm like you and get really cold feet, but I decided to brave it out that day, it may not happen again for a while! Lol!

      Delete
  3. My favourite is the last one too and believe it or not I have that jumper but in navy but I had to shorten the back a little as it came past my bum too far and from the front you could see it between my legs which looked a bit weird. So I did a hack job on it and it survived and it gets a reasonable amount of wear actually. Oh yes and I had to shorten the sleeves as well. Now that I've finished typing all that, I'm wondering why I bothered with a jumper which was so hard work. The mind boggles. Anyway, loving the nude courts. Methinks a pair of nude courts is much needed in my wardrobe! I'll just add them to my ever growing must have footwear list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have that jumper in navy, it's my favourite jumper ever! Yes you deffo need nude courts they are so handy especially when you don't have any other shoes to match, you can always throw on nude and they'll go with almost anything Sue!

      Delete
  4. I like the way you have styled the last look, I do love a heel with rolled jeans, very cool!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such an effortless look, just wish it was a bit warmer and I'd go for it a lot more!

      Delete
  5. The first look is really bad, not at all like your normal style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I knew not everyone would like it but I like to try some new colour combos every so often!

      Delete
  6. I love stripes too. Have so many striped tops that it's become a bit of a joke in my house! The last look is also my favourite and the good news is that I think Spring may just have arrived in Dublin so it's bound to make it's way up to you pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we've had lovely weather past few days Helen, not quite bikini weather but it'll do!! Lets hope it stays for a while.

      Delete
  7. Love your boyfriend jeans, I haven't really 'got' the buzz on what they are and why they are any different to regular jeans, but those look FAB on you, I guess they need to be styled with high heels! Your blog is great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I think they look best with high heels, but that's not always practical either due to weather or running around after a little one!

      Delete
  8. Wow! I LOVE look number 3! You look fab! I have to confess that I only own 2 stripy tops! A 3/4 sleeve long line one (that I wore yesterday with red jeans!)& a new t-shirt that is waiting to be worn! I love your blog & have been on a journey of rediscovery recently & you & the other Girls on Ave 57 have really inspired me! Thank u! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear Andrea, it's great o get inspiration from others I'm always picking up new ideas on A57 too!

      Delete
  9. Love love love striped tees. I have a few in constant rotation. Off to hunt for the red and white Next you're wearing. I love how it's a bit longer in the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about three years old Martha, but you never know especially with eBay!

      Delete
  10. Love the last look also. Is the Next top current?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 3 years old, but you may get lucky. Sue said above she has it in navy so I'm looking for that one now!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.