Friday, 26 April 2013

Some blue in action

I had to have this dress from Sheinside (now sold out btw) after seeing it on Lovely Pepa, and of course it fits in well with my blue obsession of the moment.  I suspected it might have been a bit short on me, but thought what the hell I'll order it anyway as I'll be wearing it with tights (saying as spring is nowhere to be seen at the minute) it can't be that bad.
  Indecent                                                                                  A bit more respectable
Well I was wrong, as you can see it's bloody indecent! But I loved the print and really couldn't bare to send it back, so I've come up with another way of wearing it - I'm going to make it into a top (or rather my mum is) it's currently just tucked into the skirt and needs shortened and  hemmed. And of course it matches my new blue Zara shoes which I'm obsessed with at the minute so its definitely a keeper. I got the skirt from ASOS before Christmas thinking I would get loads of wear out of  a black pencil peplum skirt but I've yet to have it on.
Zara top
Matalan tousers
Dunnes pumps
Michael Kors rose gold watch
Another of my blue items I've been sporting lately  are these patterned trousers from Matalan, they were a bargain at £14 and are perfect for dressing up with heels or wearing with pumps like I did last Sunday to my nieces birthday party - perfect for a bit of bouncy castle action! I love clothes that can be dressed up or down therefore getting double the wears, which makes them half price in my head - well I know that's not strictly true, but hey I'll go with any justification that allows me to buy more clothes. Does anyone else do this??

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea with the 'dress' to cut it and make it into a top - I LOVE that skirt and the shoes are amazing - are they current Zara?

    I'm off to Matalan in 10 mins, I'll check out these trousers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fiona still online and in store they're so comfy too, the matalan trousers are such a good fit not a MC Hammer crotch in sight!

      Delete
  2. Matalan is my new obsession - LOVE the dress as a top - the print is great.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so different Joanna I couldn't pass it up. I had to search a lot in matalan for the stuff I bought but the quality is brilliant, I was very suprised!

      Delete
  3. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    Also, I would love it if you checked out my latest letter to Pierre Balmain here http://lettersfromtvc.blogspot.ro/2013/04/dear-pierre-balmain.html

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana, u have a great blog, love the letters idea!!

      Delete
  4. Trea, you look sooo good in skirts, am very jel as they never suit me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that for a second Natalie, can't see why you wouldn't look great!

      Delete
  5. That dress/top is gorgeous. Love the colours - you did the right thing having it shortened rather than sending it back. And just perfect with the shoes ... see! It was meant to be lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the dress-so inventive how you wore it with the skirt :) Very Dolce ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress - shame it's too short but it will make a great top. I'm a big fan of Lovely Pepa too - her photos are fabulous. Great Matalan trews too - was in there today but the kids were driving me mad so I couldn't look properly! Lesson learned - on my own next time :) Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress with the peplum skirt - print looks great! take some tips from Poppy's Style and get out the wetlook leggings instead of tights - it would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, and your style. I had to follow!

    Please check out my blog and follow if you enjoy http://itsgoingtohappen.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.