Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Making a statement

Statement necklaces have been big the last few seasons and looks like they are set to stay with the great choice available on the high street at the minute. They are an easy (and usually cheap) way to lift and outfit and I love the way one accessory can just pull the whole look together.


I got this yellow necklace last week from Sheinside for £6.34 (random pricing on that site btw) and I've definitely got my money's worth already with cost per wear down to about £2. Yellow is a great colour as it goes with nearly every other colour so this necklace could be easily thrown on with an outfit with no yellow in it and it would work.

Sheinside Necklace
H&M jacket
Primark Striped top
Topshop grey baxter jeans
Asos shoes


Sheinside necklace
H&M yellow top
Zara jacket
H&M jeans
Zara shoes
Here's two of my recent looks where I wore the necklace. Jeans and a jacket is my go to look at the minute. The yellow jacket is from H&M last year but it's still available in some stores, the white jacket is a very recent purchase from Zara but seems to be sold out already. I will get loads of wear out of it I'm sure, and white is a big colour (or lack of) for spring summer and I may even embrace the white on white trend.


A few of my statement necklaces

So are you digging statement necklaces as much as me this season??

14 comments:

  1. Very nice looks. I'm not very good with statement necklaces but that doesn't mean I don't have one stashed away somewhere. I think I might have to drag mine out after seeing yours - my clothes need a bit of a lift and this is one easy way to do it.

    Particularly love the second outfit - I think the white really lifts the look but the cobalt blue is unexpected against the yellow. Liking it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would well believe that Sue, u seem to have one of everything stashed away whether is your thing or not! Lol Your own necklaces are perfect for your clothes they suit your style. I'm so in love with the white jacket, it makes every outfit look instantly better somehow.

      Delete
  2. Love it all. I have the same yellow blazer and I have variations of everything you're wearing. Now I've got some ideas for future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right, it's a great little jacket Iva. It's great to get some inspiration of each other isn't it and we all seem to have very similar stuff so that helps!

      Delete
  3. I bought my 2nd statement necklace last weekend but I'm still experimenting how to wear it. somehow I feel they go quite well with boatnecks but not that well with sleeveless tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worn a few different ones with sleeveless tops Evi, but they have been the kind of tops where they stop at the top of your arm if you know what I mean so I think you need to have a pretty high necked one with thick straps, so more like a crew neck without the sleeves to get the look right.

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm so pleased you linked to the necklace, I've been admiring it for so long - love love love love it!

    You look amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Fiona, I was such a bargain I had to share!

      Delete
  5. My coral 'statement necklace' has just arrived, and it weighs a tonne, not sure that I have the energy to wear it. You have amazing cheekbones by the way. Lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It must be heavy!! They come from my dad believe it or not, my brothers are better than mine!! Will be looking out for some pics of u in yours anyway.

      Delete
  6. great issues altogether, you just gained a emblem new reader.
    What could you recommend in regards to your publish
    that you simply made some days in the past? Any certain?


    Look at my website :: Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving statement necklaces at the moment but I would never have thought of yellow. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration (both outfits are fab btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I need some more colour in my life, I go for a lot of metal x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I owe you a huge apology!! I've not checked your blog for nearly a month, let alone commented!!!
    I could spend a fortune on statement necklaces (some say I might have already...)! I really love the yellow one x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.