Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Full circle fashion

If your like me and love all things fashion you may have noticed the plain pointed stiletto is back with a bang! This type of shoe was probably my first foray into high heels as a teenager, I did go off  them for a few years as did most people, and dabbled with round and almond shaped toe shoes but they seem to be making a come back at the mo. This is the exact reason I hate throwing anything out, Fashion trends tend to come full circle every few years and I have on few occasions eBayed or sent something to the charity shop only for it to be on trend the following season! Off the top of my head I think I had at least three pairs of shoes in this style, that I have got rid off as I hadn't worn them for years.

Fashion is a bit fickle like that, you could be wearing something one season and it may look bloody awful and outdated only for it to be a massive trend the following season and you may look like a major fashionista!! That's the precise reason I don't take trends too serious.


So back to the item in question the pointed court/pump/stiletto/whatever you want to call them, here's my favourites from around the high street in a range of different colours. White is the main 'on trend' colour at the minute, which I have to admit when I first started seeing them I could only think 80's Essex style get-ups along with them but they definitely have grown on me, and styled right they look amazing.

Zara basic courts £22.99
Zara chain courts £29.99



Topshop Gwenda 100% suede £58.00



River Island 100% leather £50.00


New Look Red £17.99

I'm currently awaiting delivery of the blue Zara ones, but would like a white pair too. My favourites are the white River Island pair but I'm not sure how much wear I would actually get out of them so I'll mull it over for a while first I think.

Nothing exciting to report on the outfit side of things at the min, it's all work and very little play to be honest, and I don't think anyone needs to see me in jeans, wellies, no make up and birds nest hair!!

So what do you think of the pointy toed trend will you be embracing it??

18 comments:

  1. Have already embraced it! Was so over the whole platform, almond toe, round toe etc. I always preferred the single sole pointed toe look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I have kept one pair from River Island. I wore them for my 30th Birthday (10yrs ago). They are a sort of pewter colour & I'm so going to dig them out of storage. Not sure how far Ill make it in them as since having the kids heels are way down on the list & there are hardly any pavements here! I can reminisce & dream though! :) Andrea x

      Delete
    2. Yes I'm totally over the platform shoes too they just look so clumpy to me now.

      Know all about it couscous, I'm living on a building site so and there is going to be a broken ankle some of these days!!

      Delete
  2. I love the look of them, but am old enough to still be suffering from the bunions from first time around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well I'm on my second round of them so it wasn't that long ago!!

      Delete
  3. I love them and always thought they looked a lot more feminine and sexier than the recent platforms or round toes. Can't wear them though ... like My Midlife Fashion, I seem to have a problem keeping court shoes on my feet. Maybe it's an age thing? Who knows? But will definitely be admiring them on others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Helen, they definitely a lot more lady like. I have narrow feet so have this problem too, so have to shop around a lot for shoes- it's a nightmare!

      Delete
  4. I struggle to keep them on my feet too! I have a high instep and wide feet and I think that makes them tricky to wear. Love them though - so feminine like Helen says and fab with cropped trousers. Can't wait to see the Zara ones on you - do post a picture. They are a great price x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zara ones are great Avril, will show them off soon! X

      Delete
  5. I'm really liking them but no where much to wear them. I can't go above 4 inches though - that's my max. I only have size 4 feet and they would have to bend something stupid to accommodate anything higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's still pretty high Sue, the blue ones I got are 3.5 inches and I don't think I could do much higher!

      Delete
  6. Stillettos look so elegant! I love them :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are so much more elegant than the platform sole ones, I'm totally obsessed at the minute!

      Delete
  7. hey hun thank you for stopping by my blog, so nice to find another Northern Ireland blogger :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Vicki, I've been following u for years too, and finally plucked up the courage! X

      Delete
  8. Love them all - white is just fabulous for summer and I will definitely be getting a new pair. Had a pair from Wallis that I thought were sooo Carrie Bradshaw, but they are now a strange shade of off white...

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stumbled across this - wow what a lot of high heels and I am going to embrace this trend come the Spring .. oh hold on, we're meant to be in spring now aren't we?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.