Friday, 19 April 2013

Feeling a little blue

I've talked before about how I tend to get slightly obsessed with a colour or colours every so often. This season has been no exception,  it's yellow and blue that I've been drawn to this time. I realised there was very little blue in my wardrobe at the end of last year and sort of made a mental note to get a few blue pieces for Spring/Summer. I have what you would probably call an obsessive personality and do this not only with colours, but also types of clothes and shops (H&M and Zara anyone?!) and every time I do this I tend to go a little over board, and this time has been no exception - I've done it again!!

These are my recent purchases - and I didn't realise how much new blue bits and pieces I had recently bought. So I think it's high time I stopped buying and actually start wearing some of this stuff and quit with the stockpiling of blue like nothings ever going to be made that colour again!! So prepare to be sick looking at my blue based outfits for the next wee while!!



I don't have links for the rest of the stuff, but patterned trousers are from Matalan, they are a great fit and for £12 you can't go wrong. The plain blue silky T-shirt is from the Savida range in Dunnes or 'Dun nés Boutique' as my friend calls it. The striped jumper is Gap and the blue clutch is a great little find from TK Maxx.

This a short and sweet post as I've a black tie dinner to get organised for tonight, and what am I wearing................? You guessed it - BLUE!!! Well blue shoes and bag, and a navy dress which is just another shade of blue I suppose!

So see ya the other side of the dinner, probably a little worse for wear and lighter of  purse!

11 comments:

  1. Oh they all look so lovely together! Can't wait to see you wearing them...I bet they all look stunning on you. The Sheinside dress is my favourite, along with the Zara shoes - tempted at those prices! Have a great weekend Trea, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is great but waaaaay too short on me, more to come on that later. The shoes weren't sore at all on Friday night so that's always a bonus on a night out! Have a great rest of weekend yourself Avril! X

      Delete
  2. What a lovely collection - can't wait to see them on you. Hope you enjoyed your dinner and aren't feeling too ropey today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wasn't too bad thank god Helen, can't wait to get them on me!

      Delete
  3. You have some wonderful pieces there & guilt free too at those prices! :) Have a wonderful eve! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely got a few bargains Andrea, so I couldn't resist. Have a good rest of weekend!

      Delete
  4. I think you have got yourself a great little wardrobe there! Blue is the colour of summer sky and seas too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I've survived so long with out blue, it's a great colour and goes with so much!!

      Delete
  5. Good haul! I always shop in colours .. I don't intentionally do it but when I get home and look it's always the same same! I am really into yellow too and need to do a yellow clothes run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange Fiona, I'm forever doing it and ending up with so much of one colour but blue will be easy enough to slot in as it goes with so much. I never realised how versatile it was!

      Delete
  6. I love all the thing you bought. I do actually like blue to wear but I only have one top in that cobalt blue as I find it hard to wear thing with. At least your obsession is a colour, I am a lover of black and grey, tres boring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.