Friday, 5 April 2013

Dare I?

The lovely Joanna from Poppy's Style introduced me (not physically obvs) to Christana Centenera recently -big mistake!! I now have another style crush to stalk. She's the senior fashion editor at Vogue Australia and I love love love her style. She's up there with Olivia Palermo and Emmanualle Alt in that she always looks incredibly stylish but not in a try too hard way. Mismatched colours, shapes and styles are a feature of her look, which would probably look completely pants on me but she pulls it off. Although being absolutely stunning always helps! She's a perfect cross between Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes I think. Here's a few of my favourite looks.



But there's one look of hers that I'm particularly in love with and that's the wrap skirt. She totally rocks this and suits her style to a T, as it's an edgy take on a classic item of clothing. The Proenza Schouler and the Dion Lee ones are my favourites (centre and right in the first collage).
 


So of course I set about finding a High Street copy, as much as I love the two above they probably cost the price of the sofa I've my eye on for our new house. And as lovely as they are I don't think my husband would appreciate sitting on them watching the footy!!

As luck would have it I didn't have to search far, as I had the Zara website open in another tab and found these lovelies in mere seconds.

£39.99

£25.99

£25.99

Zara also has these weird hybrid thingys which are probably most similar to the two skirts I like the best above, these are a combination of a skirt and shorts or 'skort' if you will. Which isn't too bad written down just but try saying it out loud without feeling silly!!


£25.99


£25.99

These are definitely my favourites of the Zara ones, and I think I would get good wear out of the black ones as they could be worn bare legged in the summer (wishful thinking!) or with a shirt, tights and shoe boots (more likely). I received this River Island neon shirt in the post today today and think it would look great with the black ones along with this Zara blazer currently winging its way to me.



River Island £25
Zara £49.99

So what do you think, do you love the wrap skirt/skort as much as me or have I gone completely off my rocker on this one?!

13 comments:

  1. Love these - think I might need the monochrome one! But I'd like her legs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Break it to me gently ... how old is she?? She looks about 16!!! I did the 'skort' in my heydey so on this trend, I'm definitely sticking to the mantra 'if you did it first time round, don't do it again'. But Trea, I think it could look great on you, especially with your legs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly sure Helen, think mid thirties it must be a closely guarded secret! But definitely older than she looks. I don't remember this the first time round so that means I can -great! Was it the 80's??

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! I have the 2 skorts and the first 2 wrap skirts - great minds and all that:). I'm determined to wear them and get my legs out this summer:) it's easier in the heat here:) thanks for the mention - she's amazing isn't she!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup serious girl crush here Joanna! Is there anything in Zara you don't have lol!! These will look great on you, you have great legs. I'm going for the black skort and maybe the black wrap skirt too.

      Delete
  4. She's lovely, but the trainer in me only sees her hyper extended legs, she needs to sort that out or will have terrible problems with her knees when she is older!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I totally see this now, wouldn't have noticed this otherwise, the gorgeous clothes blinded me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you my dear! I need that wrap skirt in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good here, yes they are amazing aren't they!!

      Delete
  7. Oh I like! Esp the 3rd blue/grey Zara one! Agree with your style crush, we have similar taste!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the Zara ones are great Natalie, you have to look by the awful styling though!!

      Delete
  8. She totally rocks them, as will you. I can't see them working with my childbearing hips but leave it with me - I'm open to trying...tho only in winter with opaque tights! Hope you had a great weekend, Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.