Friday, 12 April 2013

Avenue 57

I've been meaning to write about Avenue 57 for a while now, it's a great site where you can upload photos of what you're wearing and have a good little nosey at what everyone else is wearing too (one of my favourite past times!) and get some inspiration. There are some lovely ladies on there, especially Fiona, the websites creater, who posts photos daily and also writes a personal blog  Avenue 57 blog where she fills us in on her wants, needs, trends and the odd wardrobe malfunction, she's always up for a laugh!!

It's really easy to use you just need an email address and password to sign up.It's so easy to upload and you can write a little blurb about your outfit and tag where you bought each item. Although I will warn you it's not good if your trying not to spend money as I'm forever seeing nice things on other people then wanting them. You can comment on users photos too, which is great as I love discussing fashion.

Here's a few of my recent everyday looks which haven't made it onto this blog but I've posted on Avenue 57. Please excuse the crappy quality of my iPhone photos, I'm not too long away from an upgrade so you'll have to put up with these until then, and you may not believe this but I don't own a full length mirror - yes really! We're currently building a new house and are in temporary living quarters, where space is at a premium but I'll make up for it in the new house I can assure you of that!!







So if your feeling brave why not give it a go, and if your feeling not so brave you can always stay anonymous and be a headless uploader!! 



11 comments:

  1. I love this website, couldn't count the hours spent browsing! Must be brave and upload a pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do Rosanna, it would be great to see u there!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Trea - all those gorgeous outfits! You have an amazing wardrobe. Loving the brogues and the bird print scarf. I'm a big fan of A57 too - such a lovely community of girls on there. Hope you're having a great weekend, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More to come on the brogues Avril! The scarf was a pressie from my best friend it's from warehouse. Yes they're so friendly!

      Delete
  3. Oh you have been busy Trea! I've only just got myself an ID for Avenue 57 but I most definitely am not ready to post as yet. I enjoy having a nosey at all the outfits though and reading through. It's so supportive and friendly.

    Love the shoes in picture 7. The lace ups. Where are those from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Sue it would be great to have u on there too, u can even stay headless!! The girls on there are great everyone is so nice.

      Shoes are from H&M you'll see them in my next post!

      Delete
  4. Great outfits Trea, a fab mix of styles. Where is the shirt from bottom middle? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! It's from ASOS but it's about 3 yrs old, Topshop did a version too that's usually floating about on eBay.

      Delete
  5. oh wow thank you so much for this! I've loved seeing your outfits on there and I only set up the site - I can't take credit for any of the women posting. I do love seeing what we all wear!

    Thank you again for the feature, I really appreciate it :-)

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.stripper costumes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.