Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Tomboy tendencies

I got my hair re coloured on Saturday, it was well overdue as it hadn’t been done since before Christmas. I went a bit lighter this time (I’m getting braver!) inspired with the slightly brighter weather we’re having. I was a bit unsure at first as I thought it was far too light but either its toned down a bit or I’ve just got used to it now, but it doesn’t seem as blonde somehow. The ombre colour is perfect for me as my hair grows crazy fast, so I would have to get it re- done every 4 weeks or so with a traditional colour and that’s just a bit too high maintenance for me. I’m very lazy when it comes to hair and beauty I spend the least amount of time possible on it (my 14 year old tomboy self would be so proud). I rarely go near a beautician, for anything other than a facial.I do read the odd beauty blog but find it a bit of a chore compared to reading a fashion blog. I wish I had more of an interest in make up to be honest but if it hasn’t happened by now it isn’t going to. I signed up for a Glossy Box last month in the hope it would kick start something but the box was very disappointing, not even blog worthy. I’ve given it another month and if March’s box is no better I’ll be cancelling my subscription.
Anyways enough of the rambling here's Saturdays outfits. My tomboy self would once again be proud as I was back in the Nike hi-tops. I couldn’t wait to wear them again so I built the outfit around them. I’m not really a pink person but I really like these jeans for some reason, and for a tenner in the New Look sale they were a great buy.

H&M denim shirt
New Look T-shirt
New Look jeans
Nike Hi-tops



I was out on Saturday night with all my lovely best friends, I wore the Topshop skirt I talked about last week, I did have a white silky top in mind to wear with it but as the skirt was so clingy anything I tried to tuck into it was bunching up and showing through the skirt, so this peplum top came to the rescue. This is actually a midi skirt, but I had it pulled up quite high so it would probably have hit my calf otherwise. I love it but it is going to be hard to get things to go with it because you can't really tuck anything into it, and its too long to wear a long top over like you could do with a short bodycon skirt.

New Look Peplum top
New Look necklace
Topshop Skirt
ASOS shoes

14 comments:

  1. I'm a bit like you Trea - minimal interest on the makeup and hair front. I don't even have a mascara - minimises eye poking out incidents and swiping across the nose a la Adam Ant style. I'm not much of a pink girl either but like you when I do pink - it's usually a lovely eye catching pink like your pink jeans or my favourite pink tee.

    And such a contrast between the two outfits. But both work brilliantly and it's good you can switch so well between going out and day time outfits. I don't do going out very well - I feel too dressed up and that I'm playing at being an adult. All very sad - clinging on to my inner teenager there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the going out outfit with the Top Shop skirt. I think the black heels you've teamed it with is perfect as it instantly makes it elegant. Love your blog!

      Delete
    2. I probably just have enough interest to get me by Sue, I tend to stick to cult products and then you can't go too far wrong. I'd rather spend my money on clothes! You def so laid back casual so well Sue but you look equally as good dressed up I'm sure.

      Delete
    3. Thanks ' worn out and wonderful' I'm off to check out your blog !

      Delete
  2. Love the hair. I am a massive fan of this look, had mine done over a year ago but developed an allergy to brown hair dye, so it was back to blonde foils for me! The Topshop skirt looks amazing on you, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeez lets hope I never develop an allergy to it, the accidental ombré look would not be good!

      Delete
  3. I love the TopShop skirt, it looks great with the peplum top.
    Can I ask how you curl your hair? Mine is a similar length and I just can't manage it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Remington pearl wand, it seems to be the best on the market it's available in Argos but I got mine of eBay there's loads on there. I point it down while I'm curling it and always work away from my face. I try to just curl near the bottom or else I look like I've an Afro. It does take a wee bit of practice to be honest and I had many a burnt finger for a few weeks but once it clicks you'll be flying!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love make up and hair. I love the dip dye trea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's shows Hollie. I do try but my love for clothes just takes over, maybe I'm just lazy! ;)

      Delete
  5. Love this skirt on you, looks great with the top and necklace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pink jeans - such a great shade! And digging the hair too - gorgeous. Was wondering if that skirt could be worn as a strapless dress? Is it stretchy enough? Could look cool with a black jacket over. Maybe I am mad...ignore me if that is a ridiculous suggestion :) Avx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt looks amazing on you Trea. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both looks! I want that skirt and the peplum and the nikes... loved each and every piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.