Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Glossy box and gingham

I mentioned on my last post that I was trying to take a bit more interest in beauty and make-up by signing up to Glossy Box. I'm not a massive Beauty fan and tend to stick to a few cult items and when something works for me I usually stick with it for years. I'm forever following beauty blogs on Bloglovin for a bit of inspiration, then the posts just end up clogging up my unread page and I just end up unfollowing and get straight back to the fashion blogs. The February box I received was rather crap to be honest, it had weird warming body oil in mojito flavour which reminded me of a freebie that you get in some dark dingy niteclub among other generally crap stuff. But I just love receiving surprise parcels in the post so I decided to give it another month, I received March's box on Saturday and its a hell of a lot better. Here's the goodies I got;


100ml TRESemmé Salon finish extra hold hairspray
Full size Jelly Pong Pong lip blush
7ml Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream skin protectant
4ml 'Bruton St' Nails Inc nail polish 
15ml L'Occitane Immortelle precious cream

I'm a massive fan of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and use it for so many purposes- its been on lips, burns, cuts, eyebrow, nails and baby bums, it really is a wonder cream, and it's been on every member of our house including the hubs (don't tell him I said that!) so I was glad to see my ole friend Lizzy in this box. It's now fragrance free which is great because the smell of it before was really strong and I'm sure it put a few people of it. This handy little tube will now go in my handbag so I can leave the big one at home.

This L'Occitane cream promises amazing results on the wrinkle front, I'm starting to see the odd one forming which has obviously sent me into a wrinkle cream buying frenzy. I have a mother and baby set from L'Occitane and the smell of it evokes precious memories of the first few weeks with my wee man all pink and wrinkly, so I have a bit of a soft spot for this brand.

The rest are pretty self explanatory, I'm hoping the lip blush is nice and moisturising as most lipsticks I have are very drying especially the red ones. This is how the box comes and there's a little leaflet telling you about the products you've received with prices and so on. The box is £10 a month plus £2.95 for P&P and you can sign up here if your interested.



Here's Saturdays outfit, these are the Boyfriend jeans I tried on a few weeks back in H&M but I didn't purchase, but when I saw there was a tenner of them online making them only £20 they quickly hit the bottom of my virtual basket, they're back up to £29.99 now though. They're quite a slim fit, although I did go down two sizes so this probably ensures that they fit a bit closer on the legs. I pulled this shirt from the depths of my wardrobe, after ordering a similar one from Mango a few months it just hit me I already had one nearly the same - result! It's one of two red items in my wardrobe, I keep meaning to get a bit more red in there but now I've started looking for red items I can find nothing. A red blazer has been on my to buy list for months now.

New Look jacket
Topshop shirt
H&M jeans
ASOS wedge trainers






11 comments:

  1. Oh Trea, am gutted as nearly signed up to Glossy Box with 30% off last year but didn't - that one looks fab! On the hunt now to see if I can still get that one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got 30% off my first box Natalie, but only the first one. Yeah it was a good box this month lets hope they stay as good.

      Delete
  2. I have to say that the Glossy box looks good too. I'm still not a big beauty buff but I have started to take note - the years they are a creeping up on me. I love Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream and even the Grumps asks for it when he has chapped lips - I will keep shtum if you will.

    Like the red check shirt - it's amazing what a shot of colour does for us all isn't it and yet we generally tend to slink back to the comfort of our greys. But roll on summer and I will be rocking colour galore. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll on summer indeed Sue. Your not a beauty buff because you don't have to be, your skins amazing!

      Delete
  3. I love the shirt - generally anything bright works for me, and I think the contrast with the military style jacket is brilliant. I'm loving your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love khaki against bright colours, something different!

      Delete
  4. I hate how we all get different boxes, I always end up seeing things in other peoples boxes that I want and never got! I gave my daughter the lip thing from this months, I can't do red and she has to wear it for work, it's the law if you work for Virgin either in the air or on the ground. I have found quite a few products via glossybox that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise and now love, so I won't be giving up on my subscription just yet, in fact I have just done a post featuring a few of them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I can do red either Sharron, you need to have full lips for it to look right I think. Can't believe they all have to wear red lipstick, it's bound to dry out their lips a lot. I didn't realise there were variations on the box until yesterday - you're probably better not seeing anyone elses box as you only get jealous.

      Delete
  5. Love the trainers! Great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Glossybox looks great - I previously had a subscription and cancelled it but have been watching out for another good month to order again...tempted! Love L'Occitane too - that alone would make me order it! Have a great weekend Trea, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really good haul. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is great and I've tried the L'Occitane Immortelle cream in the past and can vouch for it bigtime! In fact, those two items alone would seriously tempt me to try out the Glossy Box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.