Monday, 18 March 2013

Dreaming of Christian

No not Mr Grey but another Christian. Recently I've been dreaming of shoes -A LOT!! But there's one pair in particular that I keep coming back to - the Louboutins of course!! It has dawned on me recently that I have worn my ASOS Scala courts on every night out since I bought them, as well as to work and a few Sundays too. They seem to work with most outfits and for someone who was never a big fan of black I've given these a good run out.
Image 1 of ASOS SCALA High Heels
ASOS Scala courts £22



When I bought these it was actually the Ron Ron suede 100mm Louboutins that I had in mind, but I wasn't sure I'd get the wear out of them so I opted for a considerably cheaper version. But now I know I could give a pair of these a good home, I have allowed myself to start looking at them again.


Ron Ron Louboutins £375
I've changed my mind on which ones I want, I would like a pair of Pigalle Louboutins now, they've got a pointed toe and would work in all the same outfits as the Ron Ron but they are just a little bit edgier, and they would look great with boyfriend jeans. The black velvet ones are the ones I want but I cant find them online anywhere. There is a patent and a leather pair in black but they just don't do it for me, at least online they don't anyway, and at that price I need to be totally in love with them!!



Pigalle velvet 100mm


Pigalle patent 100mm


Pigalle kid 100mm

Here's my outfit for a Mothers Day dinner featuring the Scala courts once again, and yet another H&M faux silk shirt. For £14.99 these are a great buy, they have a lovely weight to them and feel a lot more expensive than they are. I have this in white too and get so much wear out of them both.


H&M shirt
Next skirt
ASOS shoes

So my next mission is to see a pair of Louboutins in the flesh.I have one foot about half a size bigger than the other and Louboutins come in half sizes which is rare these days, so I'm hoping I will find the perfect fit.































14 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous and I agree that they would be the Loubs I would get the most wear out of too and would therefore invest in. You'll have to take a trip to Dublin and try them on in BT's! That would make an amazing blog post!! Ax
    PS if you need company...just shout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's the plan Avril, I'm down a few times in July but if I can't wait to then ill most definitely give u a shout! Xx

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are beautiful! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, your blog is great ill def be adding you to my Bloglovin, and entering your competition of course!

      Delete
  3. Oooh. You set the bar high this time but I love them. I was thinking how high but then realised they are 4 inches - my absolute maximum height heel so I could actually manage these (she says like she can afford them). I don't like the leather ones as much as the patent or the velvet as they look more "work" like. I'm actually quite taken with the patent but the velvet will be easier to wear. Good luck on your search and I will keep an eye out for you.

    And when you get them, I will be sooooo jealous. But happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sue, now I've put it out there I have to step of the search, I would love them before my birthday in August so that's the deadline. 4 would be my maximum too, but the higher ones just look so much better I think so I've pushed the limit. I'm with u on the leather ones, I don't think they're glamorous enough. Yes keep an eye out for me, I know what your like! ;)

      Delete
  4. I have a Loub debate going on of my own also! I keep getting mixed opinions on them, they wear easily, scratched soles costly to get re done, waste of money, then they are well made, classic shoe, every girl should have a pair...I am after the 100mm Decollete originally in the pony skin but now onto the plain black. Have tried them on (and blogged about them!) and I'm still undecided. They looked great with black tights, my only gripe was the amount of toe cleavage they gave - but apparently Christian is all about the toe cleavage!!! Are you sure they are velvet and nots suede? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard a lot of mixed reports too Natalie, but I can't imagine mine would get too much abuse so I think I might be ok. I've noticed the toe cleavage too, which is why I really want to try them on, I'm not a big fan of toes so if its too much it'll prob be a deal breaker for me. They do look suede but any info I can find says velvet, which I think is a bit weird but I'm thinking they will prob look just like velvet in real life. I'm off to take a look at your post now!

      Delete
    2. I think it was end of last year I posted them, I'm wanting the pony skin ones again now...decisions (oh and money!). Will keep a look out when I'm back in London and let you know if I see them, will take some photos x

      Delete
  5. I think Louboutins are a bit "chav" now - for the want of a better word! Certainly in Southern Ireland the usual suspects attending Ladies Day etc seem to think whack on a pair of Louboutins and you are ready to go.
    I say this as a huge shoe fan!

    Love your Mothers Day outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow really, I see them rarely in the north, maybe I'm not attending the races enough! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning shoes. - I love my Zara courts but rarely wear them - I struggle wth heels these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous in your Mothers Day outfit honey, love it! I'm with you, I so want a pair! I did have some once, I got them on sale at theoutnet, very high and had a t bar. I kept them for months, went to wear them out at Xmas (about 3 or 4 years ago) and couldn't even walk out of the lounge in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.