Saturday, 9 March 2013

Currently lusting after..........

I never used to have lust lists, just carefully selected items that I needed (yes needed) to fill a gap in my wardrobe.  When I'm putting outfits together and I think about a certain item that would go great I make a note of it on my phone then check the list when I go shopping, which ensures I buy things that I need rather than just things that catch my eye. But lately my phone list has been taken over by more lustful items that I can't say I need as such, but just want.

So here's some of the items I'm eyeing up at the mo, to me these are all wardrobe staples and each item could be worn a hell of a lot (see this is me justifying it) with the exception of the pink shoes all the rest are pretty neutral colours. Tan and black will go with everything and yellow is not far behind, it looks equally as good with monochrome as it does with denim or brights.


Zara shoes £60 |  Equipment silk shirt £230 | French Connection dress £120 | Alexander Mc Queen silk scarf £165 | J Brand black jeans £110 | Boden clutch  £47 | Clarks Henderson brogues £50 | Zatchels leather bag £79 |

Probably the only item I could say I really need here is black jeans, I had a pair from Next but they are an awful fit and I only wore them when I was pregnant, so it's about time I got a new pair. I've always fancied a pair of J Brand jeans so I definitely want to give these a go as the fit is supposed to be amazing. 

I've been eyeing up satchels for a while and really want to invest in a good one that will get better with age. I seem to gravitate towards tan bags as they go with most colours, which good as I don't switch up my bags an awful lot, plus at the minute I'm still at the baby bag stage, but in a few months hopefully the nappy phase will be over. 

I just love these Clarks brogues, the come in a bone colour and I'm kind of undecided as to which colour would be better, the bone would probably go with more but I can't help imagining these pink ones with boyfriend jeans and pastel slouchy tops or pretty floral dresses, so I'm leaning towards the pink, but who knows I may put my sensible hat on and go for the bone ones. 

I've always wanted an Equipment shirt, I'm a big fan of silk shirts, although most of mine are 100% polyester from H&M or Zara. I think a silk shirt is a grey investment piece as they never go out of fashion. I know bright yellow isn't the best colour for an investment piece but damn I just love that colour at the minute. It's available in loads of colours other colours too though. The yellow McQueen scarf, needs no explanation really it's just gorgeous and I've always wanted one. 

I've featured the French Connection dress and the Boden clutch before,  I just need somewhere to wear them so I can justify buying them. The Boden clutch is now down to £47 from £59 so it will be mine! The tan Zara sandals are my perfect sandal, if you hadn't already noticed I'm a big fan of tan and the style of these is just stunning I think. I'm sure  these would get loads of wear this spring/ summer and well into autumn. 

So this month I'm not going to buy the usual handful of thing from the likes of H&M, Zara or Topshop and get one (or possibly two) of these pieces. Which do you think I should go for? I would love to hear your opinion. 

8 comments:

  1. I think the Clarks shoes or the satchel. Wait till my Boden party to buy the clutch...then u could justify as a charity purchase! tee hee! Lovely lust list...how organised u are with ur list. happy mother's day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you've made my mind up now Avril - I'm definitely getting the clutch, and I'm swaying towards the brogues myself in the hope that it will encourage some brighter weather!

      Delete
  2. Too many nice choices ... finding it hard to pick one or two. I guess the jeans, cos you actually need them. And then maybe the Boden clutch at Avril's party .. although I love the sandals & the satchel as well. Good luck deciding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Helen I love everything, I need to win the lottery at this rate of going!

      Delete
  3. I swear we were parted at birth, I have lists in my phone too!! I love the lust collection... I'd go for the scarf and brogues.. Classic investments that would be on trend now too x

    http://missionstyleuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha no way Karen, we def have very similar tastes indeed! I think they brogues are a definite anyway as I keep trying to think up outfits for them, and maybe my husband will be reading and pick something else of the list- cant't imagine it though!

      Delete
  4. I would also say the Clarks brogues - I got these last year in a light blue and I think they will look great for years to come. Also, speaking as a 'sensible mum' you will probably get more bang for your buck with those. I love the FC dress, last year Wallis did a great range of body con/lace panel dresses for a lot less, might be worth checking out their website. Do you mind me asking, what app do you use for your collages? It looks great. Nick x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember eyeing up those ones last year, I'll not let them get away this year. Must check out those wallis dresses thanks for the tip. I used polyvore here it's great!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.