Tuesday, 26 March 2013

BFW S/S 2103 - High Street Show

On Saturday evening I braved the hideous weather (with a little gentle persuasion from the lovely Avril from School Gate Style and her weather updates) and made my way to 'The Big Shmoke' us country bumpkins like to call Belfast. It was the Spring/Summer '13 Belfast Fashion Week's biannual High Street Show.

It was all very glamorous and I was greeted with a glass of West Coast Cooler as soon as I crossed the threshold of the Ulster Museum, which would have been the first of many had I not been driving. We were shown to our front row seats, where a gorgeous goodie bag awaited us, and awaited the show. We got a little intro from the gorgeous Cathy Martin of CMPR and the stunning Katie Larmour on what was in store and the show began.

The catwalk wasn't a traditional catwalk high up it was simply a carpet just in front of the seats so we got great view of the clothes, and at times I fought the urge to have a sneaky feel of the material, because that would just have been weird.

Best collections of the night for me were French Connection and M&S, to which my friend was surprised at, but I know M&S is not just for grannies and delicious desserts. Here's some of my favourite looks.

French Connection: Coral trousers £87, Cream jacket £140, Navy vest £35

M&S: limited striped blouse £29.50, cream skirt £32.50, necklace £25
M&S: Autograph tan leather dress £249
French connection: long sleeved bodycon dress £150, Animal print dress £140

Oasis: pleated maxi dress £68, necklace £18
Laura Ashley stripe dress £80, Warehouse printed maxi dress £80

Oasis: floral print trousers £45, floral print top £16, waterfall jacket £40, necklace £9.25
 Gap: Floral print jeans £45, white shirt £29.95, grey jumper 24.95, orange scarf £14.95, leather bag £44.95


There was also a hair and make-up show after the High St fashion show. Hair was by Andrew Mulvenna and team and Make-up by Paddy McGurgan and team. There were some outrageous but stunning looks, I loved the mohican/Mullet/quiff style in particular.



Here's my outfit for the night featuring my much loved H&M jacket that I'm forever banging on about. The pencil skirt is H&M too from last season, and I still love it. I had intended going bare legged, but mother nature soon put a stop to that, so the ole faithful tights and shoe boots were drafted in at the last minute.

H&M jacket
River Island silky top
eBay bubble necklace
H&M skirt
New Look boots


H&M bracelets
Michael Kors rose gold watch


See you next season BFW!!







13 comments:

  1. Wow, you had GREAT seats! Loving the photos and you've definitely picked out some of my favourite looks too. That French Connection outfit is lovely- fab shoes. Thanks for the mention, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were brill Avril, I nearly tripped one of the models too lol! I totally love those coral trousers but I know I wouldn't get much wear out of them.

      Delete
  2. awww, you are so beautiful, love your outfit!

    the bodycon dress! the leather dress! the coral pants! wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doro, there were some gorgeous looks, I want so much!!

      Delete
  3. Well I have to say Trea - you look fabulous. I think you should be on the catwalk with your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you look amazing!! loving your style :)
    Loving also the printed pants, the bodycon dress and the striped white&yellow shirt from the runway. Is it easy to attend the BFW shows?

    I'm moving to Dublin in about 2months and I also love fashion (indeed, I'm a fashion journalist/stylist and designer). I'm now following you! :D
    xx

    http://modaytendenciasrtg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raquel, yes it's so easy you just buy tickets online like you would do for a concert. I loved so many of the looks, there were too many gorgeous things to mention. My bank balance will take a battering this month lol! I'm following you now too!

      Delete
  5. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks, heading over to have a nosey of your blog now!

      Delete
  6. You looked absolutely stunning, I simply ADORE all the colours you put together.
    I love a bit of M&S and that leather dress looks amazing - pricey though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Gap look is killing me - going to have to go out and buy ANOTHER pair of coloured trousers :)

    Sara at BelfastBeautyLove xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun event and I love all the coral - the perfect summer shade. I like the summery colour combination you are wearing too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.