Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Trainer love.

I have to admit to having a bit of a thing for trainers (well shoes in general, but that's a whole other post). They're an essential for running after my wee man plus I struggle in heels as I wear orthopaedic insoles so I tend to gravitate towards flat shoes a lot. While they have never been out of fashion they are having somewhat of a revival at the minute, much to my delight of course! Recently I noticed a black trainer shaped hole in my wardrobe, so of course I needed to fill it at the first opportunity.



Enter the Nike high tops, these babies only set me back £16 at the Nike outlet at Junction one (cheap at twice the price). The choice there is amazing, I spent ages trying on pairs to the point where I think the staff were talking about me. I was sorely tempted to buy two pairs and had the most gorgeous purpley-pink suede ones under my arm too, but I had a sensible moment and I knew I wouldn't get much wear out of them and would probably end up buying things just to go with them, so they'd end up costing me money. I broke them in on Saturday, and it wasn't till my hubs said to me "are you going to wear them to bed too?" that I realised I was snuggled up on the sofa under a blanket and I was still wearing them - so full marks on the comfort factor!!



Dunnes sweatshirt
H&M jacket
Topshop baxter jeans
Nike high-tops

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that's a bargain price. And what's even better is how comfortable they turned out to be.

    I'm still browsing trainers. My grey Nikes went back. Here we go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargain...and you totally rock them. I still can't do trainers for anything other than the gym. I will probably come round to the look by the time it's not on trend anymore. But for now, I'll admire on others. Great sweatshirt! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.