Monday, 25 February 2013

Monochrome madness

So apparently this Spring/Summer we should all be side stepping the obvious floral and pastel hues and heading towards the monochromatic palette of black and white. This trend was massive at London Fashion Week and many designers based their collections on these colours, some with a bit of neon thrown in too. Now I'm not really sold on monochrome mostly because it feels a bit safe and boring and reminds me of years of waitressing as a teenager, but I have to say I am seeing some nice pieces in these colours lately. I tend to be drawn to black and white patterns or colour blocked pieces as opposed to wearing black trousers with a white top for example, as I think its a bit more interesting. I can imagine I will go for a black and white piece and throw a bit of colour in with it as just black and white just feels a bit too sombre for me.

I think this trend will be massive due to the fact that its very wearable and easily achievable for most people. I would safely say every woman in the country has some black and white in their wardrobe that they can throw together to create this look.



I spied this French Connection dress while having a nosey to see were any of Mollie Kings outfits from my last post here still for sale. It's £120 and I think it would look great glammed up for a wedding with a crazy hat or dressed down with opaque tights and a blazer for work. I'm also imagining it with my H&M yellow jacket last seen here. The up side of this trend is while black and white is going to be really big this year, it has always been in fashion and will probably continue to do so, so anything you buy won't really go out of fashion so perhaps it's worth a splurge on a designer item this season.





I really like these Next printed cigarette trousers which would be great for work wear or to wear out at the weekend, they are £38 and come in petite, regular, long or extra long so there should be something for everyone.




This 100% silk shirt is by Unique and is available in Topshop, I think it would look great with some black ankle length trousers or leather leggings. It's £95 and comes with matching trousers as well but I think that maybe be just a bit to OTT for me (and probably most of us)






This ASOS curve skirt is just gorgeous, it's £30 and I wish it was available in my size. It just reminded me of a French Connection dress I used to have that Kate Middleton was papped in (regretting my rash ebaying now) looks like Kate was ahead of her time!





Another good thing about this trend is you don't need to go out and buy shoes to match as EVERYONE must have a pair of black shoes, but if you want to embrace the trend from head to toe then these Dune shoes are gorgeous for £80.








So will you be embracing the trend or like me do you think it's a bit boring and like a bit of colour?

5 comments:

  1. I can totally see you in the black and white skirt - that didn't help at all did it? But you have great legs for that kind of skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trousers, I missed those when I did my monochrome post so thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just seen this monochrome and bright link on my twitter feed and thought of this post... I'm not sure if you've heard of ModCloth, they're an American online retail shop and have some lovely things. Like these for instance.
    http://bit.ly/Zm9Qdq

    ReplyDelete
  4. of coursе like your web sіte but yοu have
    to test the spelling on ѕеveгal of your postѕ.
    Mаnу of them are rife with spellіng pгoblеms аnd I tο find it νery bothersomе to infоrm the reality neverthеlеsѕ Ι'll certainly come back again.

    Stop by my web blog chatroulette history

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I used to be checκing constantly thiѕ weblοg and I am impressed!
    Very useful information specially the cloѕing part :) I takе caгe οf
    such іnfoгmatіon much. I
    was looking for thiѕ certain іnformation foг а vеrу
    lengthy time. Thank уou and goоԁ
    luck.

    Here is mу sitе :: HäMmoriden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.