Monday, 14 January 2013

You can always depend on Jo




I got this little delight delivered at the weekend, but unfortunately it's not for me, it's for my best friends 31st Birthday. I ordered online and you get to pick a free sample of cologne to be delivered with your order so I picked the same fragrance as the candle, Pomegranate Noir . I hadn't smelt this before I ordered it so just wanted to check before I gave it to her that it wasn't disgusting (highly unlikely I know). Well I wasn't disappointed it smells devine and I'm wearing the perfume now and I can still smell it 15 hours later. It's quite heady to be honest and smells a bit masculine, which I like, but not everyone would. The official website blurb on it describes it as 'The sensuality of a daring red dress. Ruby-rich juices of pomegranate, raspberry and plum are spiked with pink pepper and laced with Casablanca lily and spicy woods. Dark and enigmatic.' Whatever that means!

When I was a teenager I went through a phase of wearing men's aftershave instead of perfume (no I wasn't a confused teenager, it was a bit of a craze at the time) and it has kind of stuck with me. In a perfume shop I will usually head straight to the men's section for a wee sniff before venturing over to the perfume. My all time favourite fragrance is Issey Miyake men's aftershave, if you haven't smelt it your life is not complete. In the past I wasn't a big perfume fan to be honest, I would far rather spend £30 or £40 on a pair of shoes, but the aforementioned best friend is a self confessed perfume addict, and she has slowly but surely converted me over the last few years. She bought me Mark Jacobs Daisy for our wedding day and gave me Jo Malone English pear and Freesia perfume as a gift for being her bridesmaid, so it was her who got me hooked really and started my love for Jo Malone. Once my wee sample runs out I'm definitely replacing it with a big bottle, because I couldn't possibly break my spending ban again........... or could I?! ;)


On to outfits, both of these are from Saturday. Firstly my day outfit, I got all excited on Saturday morning when it looked a bit sunny outside and planned an outfit in my head, but that was swiftly put to bed when I stuck my head out the window for a sec, it was bloody freezing, so I settled for a shirt, jumper and boots combo for maximum warmth as I was out and about with the wee man.

F&f cable knit jumper
Hollister shirt
Zara Jeans
Moda in Pelle Boots
 
 

On Saturday night I went to a surprise 40th for my friend so whipped out the pleather trousers again, this time with mint instead of the yellow. I love these trousers as they are a great fit, but boy are they hard to get off, going to have to pull a Ross from friends next time and bring the baby powder I think.

H&M mint top
Ebay Mint blazer
Ebay bubble necklace
H&M pleather leggings
Asos wedges
My Mango order arrived yesterday (as seen in this post) and everything is too big except the contrast sleeve jacket. I always assumed Mango was quite small fitting like most European clothes, but it's definitely not so I would advise you to maybe size down, or if you are between two sizes like me go for the smaller of the two. On the plus side it means I have only broken my spending ban by 25 quid, so no too bad after all. Yes I know it's still a fail but at least its not an epic one, and I'm back on the wagon- is it February yet???!!!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the bigger pictures and the Jo Malone ones look lovely. I bought the English Pear and Freesia for a friend for her 40th last year - I always end up buying for someone else but not for me. I hear they have an Earl Grey one which has just come out - I need to pop along to have a sniff because it intrigues me so. Love your layered look but I don't pull this one off very well - I feel too busy when I have a shirt and jumper on. It's just one of those things I'm getting to grips with. I tried it not so long ago and admit, it was quite comfortable and very warm but still not there with it yet. And your legs look stonkingly long in the pleather leggings. So not fair :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Sue you're too kind, but it probably has more to do with the fact that my trousers run into my boots and they're the same colour so the line is never broken. I've seen a few blog post about that earl grey one actually and it's getting the thumbs up all round. Must try and get a sniff myself.

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    where did you buy that mint blazer? Im wondering about buying that one on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Basic-Candy-OL-Mint-Green-Coral-Light-Pink-Yellow-Slim-Suit-Jacket-Blazer-S-M-L-/190822390111?pt=AU_Womens_Clothing_2&var=&hash=item2c6de6995f
    Is it the same as yours?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, yes that looks very like my blazer, they are not the best quality though something about the lining seems a bit off and I'm forever tugging at it to get it right. But they are cheap so I suppose it's to be expected!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.