Monday, 7 January 2013

Spending ban fail!

Right so remember my self imposed spending ban for the month of January? Well it was going great for all of four days - yes I lasted an abysmal four days. I was lying watching TV and had a bit of a brain wave regarding the distressed mid blue skinnies that have been on my wish list since about August. For some reason I knew I was going to find then on the Mango website. And as luck would have it the jeans I've been looking for were right there (albeit slightly lighter than I hoped for) and they were on sale so obviously it would have been rude not to.


Feeling all pleased with myself I had a further little nosey and spied a pair of boyfriend jeans too. It's been a little milder since Christmas so this has got me thinking about spring, so I guess it's time I gave into the the cold ankles and got me some boyfriend jeans.


Then just as I thought that'll do me, I remembered about the jacket that I had seen someone wearing on a blog a few months back, so I had a look for it not thinking it would still be there at this stage, but guess what, it was! With a measly fiver off too. I think (hope) its more of a khaki colour than it looks on the website.


I had to have a little nosey at tops too while I on the site and picked up this check shirt, I've been seeing some great outfit photos on Pinterest lately featuring similar shirts so I couldn't pass it up. I like the look of this yellow top also, feeling I need to brighten this up again with spring on its way. I'm usually a lot better at self control but I'm blaming all you fellow bloggers luring me in with posts featuring all your lovely bargains.





Outfit pics from last few day, all very casual as I did very little as I was trying to stay away from the shops. Saturday was the first day on the year in pumps, YEY!!! Although it was a little nippy, it is definitely a lot milder since Christmas so I took full advantage, I can't wait for full on pump weather again.



H&M Jumper (xmas pressie from little bro)
H&M jeans
Boohoo boots (years old)






H&M jumper
H&M cargo trousers
Hi tops via ebay

Primark sweatshirt
New Look skinnies
Converse trainers

Next blouse
New Look cardi
Zara jeans
Primark pumps




11 comments:

  1. Hee hee - I'm so glad we're all bad together. I've not gone mad bad with sales shopping infact I've been positively good but it's good to see that other people cave as fast as me. Good picks on the yellow jumper and check shirt - I say that - as I have two similar items in my wardrobe as well so I know I'm in good company. And I love love love the pink jeans from New Look. I remember looking at them in the summer but I just wasn't brave enough! Love the whole look actually with the Converse and the sweatshirt - I think I have the same ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I'm not a big pink person but I just love the shade of these. Its so hard in January especially when everything is on sale too.

      Delete
  2. Looking great - love the new H&M jumper you got for Xmas! Your figure looks amazing in all these photos! p.s. just start the spending ban again now - I'm still going strong on day 7 whhooopeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little bro is super stylish so I always look forward to his pressies Joanna.Yes I'm back on the wagon too, only 24 days to go!!

      Delete
  3. I love that Mango jacket, might go take a look xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's as nice as it looks Sharron and I hope the contrast sleeve is here to stay.

      Delete
  4. Loving your choices AND your outfits….such a great spring feel to your outfits - really cheered me up! Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Avril, with the weather being a bit milder since the new year it's really got me in the mood for spring but I hear the frost is on its way back tonight. So I'll have to relegate the pumps to the back of the wardrobe for another while yet I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think when you find great jeans you have to buy them, spending ban or not! I really like the stuff you picked - I have a checked shirt on my wish list at the moment too: so great for spring!

    I've been on an un-planned spending ban this month, after spending all my money on a new coat in the sales. Let's just say the end of the month can't come quick enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it Amber, roll on pay day! I love that green coat you bought, it was well worth the splurge.

      Delete
  7. You're so funny ... when I read that you'd caved on the spending ban, I thought it was just the jeans you'd bought. By the end of the post, I was chuckling away to myself at the amount of clothes. Good for you .. if you're going to fail, do it well!! Love the yellow top and the jeans are fab. Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.