Monday, 28 January 2013

P&P and returns round up and Zara shoe haul

After my recent disasters with online shopping, I had to send both my orders back. One was free and one cost £5.82 second class. Now obviously there’s a vast difference here, so I've decided to do a little round up of P&P in some of the major high street stores, when shopping online to see who comes up the best an worst.

Mango: Standard P&P is £2.95 or free if you spend over £30, returns can be made in store but not to concessions hence my £5.82 return postage cost. The return period is 30 days.

H&M: P&P is £3.90 regardless of size and weight of package. Online returns can be made in store for credit or exchange only so no refund if you've bought online, but return by post and you can receive a refund and a pre-paid label is provided for postage returns so it won't cost anything. The returns period is 28 days.

Zara: Postage is £3.95 or free for orders over £50, and there is also an express delivery option for £9.95 which I assume is for mainland UK only as this is usually the norm. Returns can be made in store or via their home pick-up service within 1 month.

Topshop: Postage is £4, or free for orders over £75 and free worldwide on orders over £100 which is pretty good I think. They also have a nominated day delivery option which is only £1 than the standard postage Monday-Friday and £7.50 for Saturday delivery, and the good news is it's available for Northern Ireland which is rarely the case. Postal returns are free within 14 days of receipt with a pre-paid label, or the collect+ facility is also available.

New Look: UK standard postage is £3.95 or £4.95 next day. Returns are free to store and with collect+ within 28 days of receipt, by post it seems you have to pay for it yourself.

Cos: UK delivery is £6 but cannot be returned to stores, postage returns are free with a pre-paid label but they have to be within 14 days.

Whistles: Standard UK mainland and Islands delivery is free and there is a next day service available for UK mainland for £6. Interestingly they also do a same evening delivery for various postcodes within London when ordered before 12noon the same day for £10. Returns are within 14 days and can be made to stores but not concessions, postal returns are free.

Reiss: delivery is free to all over the UK, next day delivery is available for £7, if ordered before 3pm and the London same day delivery is available for £15. Returns are to be made within 14 days of receipt by post only and are not free.

Warehouse: standard delivery is £3.50 and nominated day is £4.95 both for UK mainland and the Islands. There is a same day delivery which is £6.99, you have to check is it available for your postcode but I would imagine this is only available in London or possibly some other UK mainland cities. They have a 90 minute delivery option for £7.99 supposedly available in all major cities even Belfast, but when I checked a few Belfast postcodes it was not available. Returns are all free through store, collect+ or post with a pre-paid label.

Oasis: standard delivery is £3.95 to UK mainland, Northern Ireland is £3.99, next working day and nominated day are £4.99 but this is only available to mainland UK. They also do the 90 minute delivery for £4.99 or free for orders over £75 which they say is available for most major cities but I have a feeling it wouldn't actually work for Belfast. Returns are free via store, collect+ or by post.

Asos: standard delivery is free, UK next day is available for £5.95 or free for orders above £100, but this looks as if it's only mainland UK.They also do a years unlimited next day delivery for £9.95 although this is not available for Northern Ireland (booooo!!). Returns are free but have to be by postage as ASOS don't have stores (obviously).

Dorothy Perkins: delivery is £4 to all over the UK and returns are via store or post within 28 days and a pre-paid postal label is provided.

The winner: Its got to be ASOS, it has got the best options for delivery and return with both being free and their unlimited next day delivery for £9.95 a year is unbeatable, but with them being an online only store they should have the best P&P and return policies, as they do not have the same costs and overheads as a physical store would have. Whistles are not far behind though with free delivery and returns.

The Looser: New look offer neither free delivery or free postal returns so they are the looser, every other store I looked at offered at least one of these for free. You need to take a long hard look at yourself New Look!!

So onto outfits, Saturday we went to an impromptu meal after our friends baby's christening, the wee dote was only 1 week old and the new mum looked fabulous after just a week and a c-section to boot. I wore the DIY boyfriends again with my mango jacket and my ASOS wedges, that I seem to live in now.

H&M black top
Mango Jacket
Criminal Jeans
ASOS boots
On Sunday we went shopping to a very cold and wet Belfast so comfort and warmth was the main factor in getting dressed here, so not very fashion forward but at least I was warm.

H&M jumper
Zara Jeans
Moda in Pelle boots
H&M scarf
 
Next wool coat
 
With the speding ban now well and truly broken I managed to get some amazing bargains and ticked a fair few items off my SS essentials list. I got the mid blue skinnies I've been after for a while in Zara and a denim shirt and mustard skirt in H&M. The sale in Zara is still pretty good and I was surprised at the amount of sizes left, 8/10 and size 5 shoes usually go first so I'm usually left with the dregs at this stage but I was pleasantly surprised (the hubs not so much though) with the selection left. I did go a bit cray-cray in Zara for shoes, here's my sale purchases below, I also got camo print trainers for an amazing £6.99 but forgot to photograph them and there are no pics online but I'm sure you'll be seeing them very soon.

£16.99

£9.99

£9.99
 
£29.99
 
 
 

I also got these red jeans in Zara but they will promptly be going back after I noticed the shoddy stitching on the back when I got home, and they have the cheek to have 'premium demin' all over the labels, hope this is just an oversight and not a sign of things to come for Zara quality.

 

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Steady on girl - leave some for me! I had my eye on the green camo slippers when they were full price and you've got them now for a snip. Bargain! And love that last pair - want to see those modelled please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sue I did go a bit overboard but it would have been silly to miss out at those prices. The camo slippers look so expensive if you didn't know any better you would think they were designer. The last pair may be going back, they just don't sit right on my feet and I could do with a half size in them. Can't wait for spring now to show a bit of foot!!

      Delete
  2. Hi!! I've just lost myself for over half an hour in your blog!!! I love it!! So jealous you snagged the Zara camo studded shoes, I went everywhere for them!!

    Karen x
    http://missionstyleuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Karen,I love yours too, sat and read the whole thing on night as well! I can't wait to break them out when it gets a bit warmer - they were a total bargain too.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.