Thursday, 31 January 2013

Four years and a little baby..........

Today is our four year wedding anniversary, and I know everyone says where does the time go – but seriously where does the time go?!! It’s crazy to think that I’ve been married for four years as I still feel as if I'm in my early twenties. I may feel old but at least I have this little cutie pie to show for it - he's our world and we couldn't ask for a better little man, if we're fortunate enough to have another I think we're going to pay big time, as we got off light with this wee guy.

Wee C
Enough of the gushing about my wee man, back to me and the big man, but I'm not going to start gushing about him here (it may be the time but it's not the place) but suffice to say I've been very lucky with him too, he's been a wonderful husband and father and I couldn't ask for any more.

I'm taking this opportunity to show you a few wedding photos. Our wedding day was a great day weather wise considering it was the end of January and whilst it lashed down in the morning it was dry, if a bit windy the rest of the day. My dress is Jim Hjelm, I got in it Kleinfeld Bridal in New York. After seeing it on the website while looking for Bridesmaid dress I scoured the country and beyond for it, I even rung places in France and Spain to see did they stock it. Everyone told me I was mad to want a particular dress without even trying it on, but I knew it was the one. I found the wedding dress choice in Northern Ireland pretty crap back then, everything was boob tube and I really don’t suit boob tube anything as I have very square shoulders and that style of dress only emphasises it. So it had to be something with straps, slightly vintagey looking and preferably a mermaid shape. I wanted a timeless dress that wasn’t a trend at the time so wasn’t going to look really bad in a few years. I took inspiration from my mum’s wedding dress, it was a high necked, long sleeved lace number and it still looks pretty good 33 years later. So that’s why I went for lace, and I just love scalloped lace, so fell in love with the neck line. And of course any excuse for a trip to NYC is welcomed!!






We had a helicopter to take us to the reception in the Galgorm Resort after the actual ceremony, it was great as we got there about 45 minutes before everyone so had a little time to just chill on our own together.


All in all it was a wonderful day, but I think if I had to do it again I would go away somewhere sunny and have it with just close family and friends just, as I think the true meaning of the wedding day gets lost in a frenzy of chair covers, flowers, favours etc. My husband and myself are both pretty shy people so I did struggle a bit with everyone looking at me, we had over 250 guests so it was a bit overwhelming if I’m honest. But we still had a great day and have had four happy years and the best wee man in the world to show for it!!






We're heading back to Lough Eske Castle in Donegal this weekend to celebrate, and the wee man's coming too of course, no show without punch!!

6 comments:

  1. Awww - happy wedding anniversary and your little wee man is adorable. Your pictures are lovely and you were so lucky with the weather and everything to be able to have such lovely momentoes of the day. I love your persistence in hunting down your dress - when you know, you just know. And you look beautiful in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, we were extremely lucky compare to January weather the past few years. Yes when u know u know, there are some gorgeous styles of wedding dresses available now and even though it was only 5 years ago I was searching the selection was pretty crap.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Such a lovely post. Congratulations and have a fabulous weekend with your two wonderful men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, had a great weekend although one man played up a little, I'll let you guess which one!

      Delete
  3. You looked gorgeous! I love your bridal dress. I barely paid any attention to mine and just converted an evening gown from my favorite Kiwi designer into a sort of wedding dress. I know what you mean about having a more intimate reception. You also get to spend more time with the people that you truly love or like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dress! Are you on FB?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.