Thursday, 6 December 2012

Style stealing

I love me a bit of style stealing, blogs and pinterest are great for this. I see an outfit I like and I simply pin the image to my pinterest pin board or save to the camera roll on my phone, which is handier if I have no Internet connection. Pinterest is also great as you can search for an item of clothing and see what photos of it appears.

I first came across the idea for recreating outfits straight from photos when I stumbled upon an American blog called www.jseverydayfashion.com She literally re-creates outfits straight from photos with items she already has in her wardrobe. It's a great way of re-working what you have in your wardrobe. This is great when funds are low or when I'm feeling a little uninspired with my wardrobe, as I can often breath new life into an item of clothing just by pairing it with something completely different than what I usually wear it with.

Here's a few pics of J (in the khaki jacket and pink jacket photos) and a few of the inspiration photos on my phone at the minute. These are all outfits that I want to try out over the next wee while. All images via pinterest.














4 comments:

  1. Really interesting. I don't go on pinterest much - I can't keep up with all these different things - I only discovered what blogs were this year as it is. Would be interesting to set up a challenge where one blogger picks a picture and tries to get another to replicate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds very interesting Sue, will have to try that out. Pinterest is very handy to use, I have it as an app on my phone and I just skim though the photos and pick out any outfits I like. It's a bit more fiddly on the computer to be honest and then you don't have instant acces to your photos when your getting ready either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that idea. I am a pinterest addict.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't beat a bit of style stealing, I do it all the time! Not quite so hooked on pinterest though, just don't get time to get on there very often with so many other social media things to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.