Tuesday, 13 November 2012

A welly good weekend




Stripey top - Only
Mustard jumper - Primark
Navy gilet - Primark
Jeans - Diesel
Wellies- Hunter


 
I had a great weekend past despite the fact that I spent a lot of it in wellies, this was Friday's outfit which was borne out of pure comfort and warmth. We're building our own house at the minute and as we live on site it's a great opportunity to get stuck in and be involved at every stage. So I wore this while I was outside, and changed into navy converse when I went shopping. I'm trying to spend very little on clothes with Christmas coming up but needed some nice warm things for the wee man so at least I got the shopping buzz without feeling guilty.
 
Khaki jumper- New Look
Animal print scarf - New Look
Military Jacket- New Look
Jeggings- Asos
Chelsea boots -Ebay
 
This was Saturdays outfit, I went to a craft fair in my old school, it was great but for some stupid reason I thought crafts and toddlers went well together, so I actually didn't buy as much as would have liked too. I was hoping to get a few Christmas pressies sorted, but alas it wasn't to be. I did come away with a few goodies and a wotsit covered baby- those crisps get everywhere, eyebrows eyelashes, under fingernails you name it and they're on it!
 
 

Silk vest - Oasis
Print skirt - Next
Heels- Barratts

We went out for dinner on Saturday night, it was lovely but eating and then drinking isn't the best move, I was so full up all night I could hardly move, and I don't know what possessed me to go with bare legs, I was totally freezing, I think that's the last time my legs will be out for a while. I love the print on this skirt but its so tight at the bottom and there's no lycra in it so I think I will have to get a split put in it before I wear it again, I was walking like a penguin all night, which is never a good look for anyone.
 
 
Jumper - H&M
Skirt - H&M
Wool coat - Next
Wedge boots - Hispanitas
 
 
So on to Sundays outfit, I'm wearing my new H&M jumper, I seen it on Doro from nowshine and just had to have it, it's navy with a peplum and is extremely warm so whats not to love. I have a bit of an obsession with navy and tend to use it as a neutral rather than black and I love the challenge of finding nice navy pieces as black can be a bit predictable and boring at times. How tired do I look here, this was after a day traipsing around Belfast with my two men who both hate shopping - so you can imagine what way that went (I'll give you a clue, it wasn't very enjoyable) I was in bed about ten minutes after these photos.
 


 












3 comments:

  1. I love the khaki outfit - that's one I would be very happy wearing. And the navy peplum jumper - I saw it in H&M but they only had it in a size 14 so I didn't even get round to trying it on. It looks good on you but I don't think I would have been able to carry it off unless I was wearing a skirt and I don't tend to do that unless pigs are flying past.

    And don't talk to me about Wotsits - I remember them!! What mother doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, khaki is one of my colour obsessions this winter, it and oxblood. I tend to do that every season and then have to make a conscious effort not to wear them every day.
    The H&M jumper is lovely and warm but I could have done with the size up as it's quite snug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great on your night out! And of course, loving the wellies and gilet combo…a personal favourite of mine! Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.